Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target upgrade

has anyone called into target and asked to be upgraded to the MasterCard? I was wondering if they are taking customer requests or if they are just approving this upgrade after a manual review. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Lymin
New Contributor

Re: Target upgrade

I have not, though I would be quite interested to know this as well.

Gardening since 8/13/2016

Message 2 of 11
nrm
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

has anyone called into target and asked to be upgraded to the MasterCard? I was wondering if they are taking customer requests or if they are just approving this upgrade after a manual review. 

They don't. All you can do is update your income info and pray. 

Message 3 of 11
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Is there any information on if the upgrade will create a new account with a new opening date? Or will the upgraded account inherit the opening date of the original Target Redcard?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

Is there any information on if the upgrade will create a new account with a new opening date? Or will the upgraded account inherit the opening date of the original Target Redcard?

If it's like Wal-mart, it will be a new account with a new start date. 

Question: Why do you want an upgrade? Are you hoping it will come with a higher CL?

Message 5 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened account in October last year with only $300 CL. First cli in February to $800 Next one in May to $1300. Emailed CS asking if or how i can upgrade to MC mid june, and here is their reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write us!

At this time, we're not opening new Target MasterCard accounts or accepting requests to upgrade existing REDcard accounts to the Target MasterCard.

We hope that you'll still enjoy the benefits of your current REDcard and use it in your local Target store and online at Target.com to save 5% and get free shipping every day. Click 'REDcard Benefits Program Rules' above for details.

Thanks for being a valued and loyal guest since 2015!

Sincerely,
Target Card Services, servicer to TD Bank USA, N.A."

A week after this email, i receive a cli from $1300 to $4K when my statement cut off in June, and couple days after that, a letter in the mail congratulating me for my upgrade to MC. Called CS yesterday, and was told that everything about the account stays the same, the only change will be the account number. So i assume with the credit bureaus, they will keep the original account as it is now, but only change the account number, which is better as it will look like i had a $4K Target MC for a year (almost) Smiley Happy

Besides this change, the payment platform, log in information, everything will stay exactly the way it is, that's what the rep said. The cards are mailed out and will be received within 2 weeks following the date on the letters received. Mine is august 25th and the rep said i whould receive my new card by September 8th

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened account in October last year with only $300 CL. First cli in February to $800 Next one in May to $1300. Emailed CS asking if or how i can upgrade to MC mid june, and here is their reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write us!

At this time, we're not opening new Target MasterCard accounts or accepting requests to upgrade existing REDcard accounts to the Target MasterCard.

We hope that you'll still enjoy the benefits of your current REDcard and use it in your local Target store and online at Target.com to save 5% and get free shipping every day. Click 'REDcard Benefits Program Rules' above for details.

Thanks for being a valued and loyal guest since 2015!

Sincerely,
Target Card Services, servicer to TD Bank USA, N.A."

A week after this email, i receive a cli from $1300 to $4K when my statement cut off in June, and couple days after that, a letter in the mail congratulating me for my upgrade to MC. Called CS yesterday, and was told that everything about the account stays the same, the only change will be the account number. So i assume with the credit bureaus, they will keep the original account as it is now, but only change the account number, which is better as it will look like i had a $4K Target MC for a year (almost) Smiley Happy

Besides this change, the payment platform, log in information, everything will stay exactly the way it is, that's what the rep said. The cards are mailed out and will be received within 2 weeks following the date on the letters received. Mine is august 25th and the rep said i whould receive my new card by September 8th

Thanks KSK. There's a lot of good information! Hopefully others will be able to chime in with more data points.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i called and asked about the upgrade.  so the MC hasnt officially rolled out yet.  rep wasnt allowed to get into details. 

Message 8 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i called and asked about the upgrade.  so the MC hasnt officially rolled out yet.  rep wasnt allowed to get into details. 

Yes either the reps don't know much or they won't tell much, but MC has been out there for a long time, they are just not taking any cold apps for it. For the time being the only way to get it is to apply for the store card and wait for them to change it to MC.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes either the reps don't know much or they won't tell much, but MC has been out there for a long time, they are just not taking any cold apps for it. For the time being the only way to get it is to apply for the store card and wait for them to change it to MC.

This. They don't take customer requests for CLI or upgrades. MC isn't new; it's been out.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.