Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target won't raise my credit Limit

tag
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Target won't raise my credit Limit

Sad, but that is the exact reason why I got the Target Debit card instead.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 11 of 23
Salrn
Established Member

I've gotten 2 credit line increases- started at 200 in December 2012, up to 400 when TD took over then 600$ limit in September. Hoping for 1000$ and the Visa card nextSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 23
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Target Red is one of the worst ways to waste a HP.   It seldom gives a decent limit and almost never gives a CLI and even then, 90% of the time only up to 500 and on very rare occasion, 1000.

A friend has 2 (why I have no idea).  Has had the first one for over 6 years, never a CLI. 

Every time I shop there and the cashier asks me if I'd like to apply I nearly burst out laughing.   I simply tell them I don't shop there enough to warrant taking the 5 minutes to apply.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 23
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I can confirm about usage.  I just recently got a CLI from $500 to $1000 after having the card just over 5 months.  I don't spend that much....maybe $25-75/mo but do use it regularly.

Message 14 of 23
avidlinuxuser
Established Member

I've gotten 3 CLIs in a year(started at $300 now at $1000). I frequent for small things like soap, shampoo, and laundry detergent since there's a Target pretty close to where I live. 

On the other hand, my roommate has a Target card for close to six years and his limit is only $350. 

Message 15 of 23
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Buying something every single day would certainly be an interesting experiment. I live too far away to try anything like that.
Maybe order off the Internet every day? That'd be interesting!

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 16 of 23
d12
New Contributor

I got my Target card in June and just got a cli from $500 to $700.  I've only used it 3 times altogether.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 17 of 23
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

From what I understand there are really only two nice things about the Red Card.  No shipping from online purchases and 5% discount.  I actually boycotted Target for the last year because of issues I had purchasing online.  I am certain they lost more profit than what I requested of them from their problems.  I actually really like Target stuff, but once you leave the store or shop online, there seems to be where the problems are.  I have read many a people who don't get anything from the credit card in aspects of CLIs.  I just got their card a short time ago because of the upcoming Black Friday sales.  I should probably prepay $1000 just to be able to have a conversation with them when my card gets declined for reaching my $500 limit!  At least Macy's gave me $800 and I would almost bet that limit will get increased at a much faster pace than their Red Card.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 18 of 23
tbolt2
Contributor

I opened my account in Nov 2012 with a 200 credit limit, used the card for the first time in July and have been carrying a  balance.

Early October...CLI to 700.00

Just saw today ....CLI to 1200.00.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 23
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

My DW opened up a red card a couple of weeks ago her CL is $3000 she said the women at the counter said "wow you must have good credit" I guess I know why she said that to her after hearing the limits they like to give.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.