Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target won't raise my credit Limit

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Target won't raise my credit Limit

Had a 1000 initial limit that was approved in 2011. Heavy usage til about august of 2012. Paid it off. Didn't use it after that. In august of this year Get a credit alert that a credit limit has been decreased. They had CLD to 200. Called and asked why and tried to get it reinstated because I told them I planned on using it on school stuff for the upcoming year. Said I'd rather close it then. CSR asked me to reconsider and use it and maybe that would reinstate my limit. Didn't use it. 2 months they closed it. I would have rather had them mail me a letter saying please use it or we will close rather than be surprised and not even want to use the card.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 21 of 23
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@colindidit wrote:
Had a 1000 initial limit that was approved in 2011. Heavy usage til about august of 2012. Paid it off. Didn't use it after that. In august of this year Get a credit alert that a credit limit has been decreased. They had CLD to 200. Called and asked why and tried to get it reinstated because I told them I planned on using it on school stuff for the upcoming year. Said I'd rather close it then. CSR asked me to reconsider and use it and maybe that would reinstate my limit. Didn't use it. 2 months they closed it. I would have rather had them mail me a letter saying please use it or we will close rather than be surprised and not even want to use the card.

Oooh, I have actually never used since I opened it......   I wonder if things are still the same since TD took over?  (Was it TD?)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 22 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bernhardtra wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

Oooh, I have actually never used since I opened it......   I wonder if things are still the same since TD took over?  (Was it TD?)

It really depends on who you ask.  Some have seen auto-CLIs and growth on their recent REDcard approvals (some have been approved for decent CLs), others who used to have accounts before TD Bank took over have seen some CL movements as well, yet there are still plenty of folks whose CLs have not made headway for years.  I'm kind of glad I kept my Target Visa, since it's not offered anymore.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.