Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target

tag
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

Re: Target

For those wanting to request a CLI or go from a Redcard to a Visa- go in the store and reapply. The system will be able to tell that you already have a card and it will upgrade you IF you qualify. But be careful- I believe this is a hard pull!

I work for Target and we do these kinds of upgrades every day!
Message 81 of 132
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Ohhhh...cool. This is like stock trading with insider information that's legal. Smiley Wink

@Laurenlou wrote:
For those wanting to request a CLI or go from a Redcard to a Visa- go in the store and reapply. The system will be able to tell that you already have a card and it will upgrade you IF you qualify. But be careful- I believe this is a hard pull!

Message 82 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

bevy1234 wrote:
Target Said to many inquries.. they are counting each mortgage pull and each auto pull from TU.. Score now 623 TU... The lady I called said I had 27 hard pulls .. but if I count the mortgage pulls as one and the auto loan apps as one I only come up with about 8 hard pulls..????

Mortgage and auto inquiries are only deduplicated within a certain time frame for FICO scoring purposes.  They still show up on your report as individual inquiries, and creditors may (and probably will) count each one of them separately.  Sorry to hear about your denial. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-15-2008 11:04 AM
Message 83 of 132
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Since you are employed with them, have you seen anyone lose their card if their credit has changed?
Message 84 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled my Score  TU 647  EQ 661  and EXP 683  WOW  .. Thought I could really get a wally mart card now.... NO NO NO  I do not meet the criteria... HAHA  Sounds like Wal Mart Discrimination too me..
Message 85 of 132
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Laurenlou wrote:

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and I mean no disrespect at all. But are you sure that people are receiving a true upgrade ? Are these people actually instead winding up with two separate accounts -- the store charge card and the store Visa card ? This would be the first time in the last several years on any of the credit forums of a report of people being able to upgrade inside a Target store.
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 11-15-2008 01:42 PM
Message 86 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just looked on their website and it states that:

When you apply, you will first be considered for a Target Visa Credit Card, which can be used everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted. If you don’t qualify for a Target Visa Credit Card, you will then be considered for a Target Credit Card, which can only be used at Target stores and online at Target.com.

So it would make sense that they would be "upgraded".  Just my opinion though.

Message 87 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the Target card.   I ended up getting instant approval for the Target Visa card with a $4,000 CL !!!!   I can't believe it.  This is my highest limit.  Not sure which Fico they pull.  I haven't run my fico scores in the last couple of months but I know they are around 660-680.  

Does anyone know if they give frequent CLIs?  (I'm already getting greedy)  

Seeing that Amx dropped my credit limit AGAIN today I'm really happy about this.   Amx is definitely getting the sock drawer.

Message 88 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

ee wrote:

I just looked on their website and it states that:

When you apply, you will first be considered for a Target Visa Credit Card, which can be used everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted. If you don’t qualify for a Target Visa Credit Card, you will then be considered for a Target Credit Card, which can only be used at Target stores and online at Target.com.

So it would make sense that they would be "upgraded".  Just my opinion though.

It is true that you are first considered for a Target Visa card when you apply, but what has been known to happen to existing RedCard cardholders who are subsequently approved for a Target Visa on a new application is that they end up with two accounts, not an upgrade of their original account.  I believe this is what MojaveMoon was referring to.

In fact, many existing RedCard cardholders who apply for a Target Visa and are not approved end up with two RedCards, as if the system doesn't even know that the existing RedCard account even exists, making it even more unlikely that the way to get a true upgrade from a RedCard is to fill out a new application for the Visa.  If past experience is any indication, that's just a good way to end up with two accounts.

Message 89 of 132
MrCredit
Established Contributor

how easy is the target card to get, are they post BK friendly? my wife applied with a good fico and they denied.
Message 90 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.