Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target

MrCredit wrote:
how easy is the target card to get, are they post BK friendly? my wife applied with a good fico and they denied.

Which one?  The RedCard or the Visa?

The RedCard is extremely easy.  I'd even say it's just about the easiest credit card of any kind to be approved for.  The Visa is a bit more difficult, but not really that tough in the grand scheme of things.

Message 91 of 132
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Do they pull EQ I may have to add them to my extensive collection. I have a post BK. GEMB is not BK friendly... I have been successful in overturning a JCP denial... Never again after that.
Message 92 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrCredit wrote:
Do they pull EQ I may have to add them to my extensive collection. I have a post BK. GEMB is not BK friendly... I have been successful in overturning a JCP denial... Never again after that.

They seem to pull EQ most often, but sometimes pull TU instead.

Message 93 of 132
MrCredit
Established Contributor

My TU is frozen!! HAHA! But thanks for the info... I will be applying soon... Want to add them to my collection, just waiting for some disputes to finish on EQ. Do you know if you dispute something is it taken out of the scoring mix?
Message 94 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrCredit wrote:

Do you know if you dispute something is it taken out of the scoring mix?

Some accounts are, but not all, and even the accounts that are removed from scoring in certain respects are not removed from scoring in all respects.

Since this is an entirely new topic, please start a new thread in the Understanding FICO Scoring forum if you'd like to discuss this question in more detail.

Message 95 of 132
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Yeah,

Today I was buying a Wii and a few other things for xmas gifts and pulled out my BOA CC to pay and the guy says "you can save 10% by opening up an account."   I quickly said no thanks, but then it hit me that I could save around 50.00, so I applied. 

Instant approval for $ 3K, but I just noticed it was a Target Visa Card.  Don't know who they pulled yet.  Anyone got a CLI on activation on this card?  Just thinking as I am grateful for the CL as it is, even though it is my lowest line next to Hooters, which is so nominal that I hardly ever use it other than for something small every now and then.

Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 96 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied again at Target ... The lady at the counter Said I would be notified ... Got letter Friday This is what it said , Pulled TU...

Said too Many Inq's

Not enough Credit Experience   (((((9 years ))))

So no Target Shopping this Christmas...

Guess I will pay cash at Walmart...

Message 97 of 132
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

True Credit has just alerted me that I had an inquiry from Target on TU.
Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 98 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just approved for Target Red Card....

Credit limit: $200 

TU: 642  EQ: 575  EX: ??  

Message Edited by tiger021105 on 10-13-2009 09:25 PM
Message 99 of 132
cam72
Established Member

I rrecently applied for a target card. They pulled Experian and I was denied. When I called I was told that they only approve people with three major credit cards. Which I was surprised to hear. I may apply later.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 100 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.