Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target

I applied and was given a $300 Credit Limit. I googled and found this forum and feel much better about it. I thought it must be a mistake when I opened it!
Message 41 of 132
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Moral of the story - if they give you a $200 limit, don't fret. They apparently like to take their time, but in the end they make it worth it.
I hope these words give you hope!

Amazing! A friend I work with told me he has a 20k limit on his target card, when talking about cc's. I refused to believe him, saying target never gives limits like that. I think I will need to reconsider that after reading your post.

After reading a lot about target, I had decided on never app'ing for it. Its probably not that bad after all. Need more posts like these though to make up my mind. Smiley Happy

Congrats on that upgrade!
Message 42 of 132
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Excellent CLI's guys!  I think I'll add Target to my mix as soon as my score goes up 50 pts.. now that Target sells wine!
Message 43 of 132
SWISSOATL
Contributor

ARE U SERIOUS $10K FROM TARGET VISA!!!!!!! *FALLS THRU THE ROOF*

WOW CONGRATS!!!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 44 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think i just got denied got that 7-10 letter in the mail message...from target
Message 45 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

maximal the success stories I hear and with your scofres keep the faith they have their own bank you will probably get it--keep us posted!!
Message 46 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening All,
I just wanted to tell you Maxima1 that I applied for Target online a couple days ago and I received the 7-10 day message also, like always, lol.

They pulled EQ 1/12/08 (603 FAKO) and called me today to verify my information, she told me I was approved for $200 limit. I tried to get addt'l info and she told me after 4 months they will re-evaluate my performance and give me CLI.

BTW, my state is AZ.
Message 47 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a Target card that I opened in March 07-- they start you off with a low low limit (I think mine was about $200), but every 4 months.. as long as you've been paying on time, they increase, by quite a lot!
In less than a year, it has gone from 200 to 4900. Smiley Happy
And, of course after six months it changes from just a "Target" Store Card to a Target Visa-- which is nice Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow good news Kate I have never opted for this card I guess b/c i dont shop there enough --figured really is another hard inquiry worth the low limit----any opinions---LOL now it is nice they do upgrade to the VISA---I guess thats a plus--I may go for it in the fall of this year after lots of inquires fall off---that may make me start shopping there Smiley Happy
Message 49 of 132
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I went to Target and I always pay with my debit card. I got my receipt and it said I was pre-approved. I dont know how since i didnt give them my social. They based it off my "shopping pattern". I forgot about it until a week later and called late one night to inquire if this was actually correct and not a pre-qualification. The lady on the phone said no and told me to just take my license and the receipt to the store. I did it first thing the next morning when the store first opened so it would not be that many people in the store. I got my account right there with a temporary card. It was the first one the store had received so they were just as excited as I was. I did get an increase 2 months later from the initial $200 up to $500. I have to bring my balance back down and get my self back on track and hopefully by end of year i will get another increase.
Message 50 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.