Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target

The real funny things is that I referred a friend of mine to get the card as he was needing a good re-builder card and I am anti the secured cards.

He applied, got the card with the initial $200 CL, 3 months later he was up to $500. Even more ironic is that he barely uses the card as no Target is close.

Go Figure.
Message 71 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc wrote:
My third statement just cut...$200 cli.  Smiley Happy  So $300 - $500....

I think it's because it sees a lot of action.  Last week I was declined because I was over-the-limit by $1 or so, I ended up using my debit card.

This week, cli of $200

I do purchase all of my pet food/litter, households, books, wine, pop, etc there.  Possibly that made the difference?

It seems more random than anything.  My Target Card has seen plenty of action, as well, but they still hate me.

Message 72 of 132
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Sorry for the delay, I was out of pocket is stressville for a min. As for the Target inq, they had to do a soft pull because I never supplied them with any credit info. I just got a receipt with a pre-approval. The clerks in customer service were more happy ( that is taking it over board) but they were excited because I was the first one they had seen with the receipt pre-approval. I went at 8 am so as to not get embarrased incase something went wrong. Also, I called the number on the receipt to ask how it was possible and they said just go to store, they swiped my dl license and  I was off with $200. Next thing I knew i had $500. No more increases yet but my utilization is high. Need to bring it back down to 10%.
Message 73 of 132
NikJ4
Established Contributor

you have to have a balance even if it is only $10-$20 dollars for a couple of months to get them to up your credit. PIF doesnt work for them. I know paying interest sucks but if you keep balance low then you are not having give up so much $$ in interst fees.
Message 74 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

NikJ4 wrote:
you have to have a balance even if it is only $10-$20 dollars for a couple of months to get them to up your credit. PIF doesnt work for them. I know paying interest sucks but if you keep balance low then you are not having give up so much $$ in interst fees.

Do you mean you need to let a balance report for a couple of months, or do you mean you need to carry a balance and pay interest for a couple of months?

I hope it's the former.

Message 75 of 132
NikJ4
Established Contributor

you need to carry a balance and pay a little over min payment. That is what I did. I charged $50 on a $200 dollar CL and then carried a balance for 2 months. I paid my min payment and a few dollars over. Next thing I know, I got an increase.
Hope that helps....
Message 76 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a card from Target, typical $200 that many others have gotten here. Smiley Happy I will see where it goes from here.
Message 77 of 132
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Said to many inquries.. they are counting each mortgage pull and each auto pull from TU.. Score now 623 TU... The lady I called said I had 27 hard pulls .. but if I count the mortgage pulls as one and the auto loan apps as one I only come up with about 8 hard pulls..????
Message 78 of 132
Lance66
Established Member

Just tried for this card.. got the response... "your application needs more time for
processing".. I'm assuming this is a nice way of saying... you're out of luck buddy!
These store cards just do not like me.  I can get major cards but not store cards.
Oh well....

EX 610/TU 559/EQ 544 (hate Equifax!!)

Message 79 of 132
NikJ4
Established Contributor

just start shopping and using a debit card so that they can see you shop there. They will end up giving you a pre-approval at register. Just check your sales receipt. Good Luck
Message 80 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.