cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted CC Offerings - What do YOU get in the mail?

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Targeted CC Offerings - What do YOU get in the mail?

according to what everyone is saying on this thread.... Citibank is spamming everyone with credit cards!!

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 11 of 16
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Around Thanksgiving I received 4 in one week!!

@Juan123 wrote:

according to what everyone is saying on this thread.... Citibank is spamming everyone with credit cards!!

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 12 of 16
KatherineLee
Valued Member

I am a PIFer (but thanks to splurges for xmas will for the first time carry a balance on two cards).

I get offers from Citibank - until I got their platinum MC.

I get offers from AMEX occasionally, but for their gold card or something of that sort.

I receive TONS of offers for Chase Freedom which once I clear off these balances I will try to PC my Chase Slate to a Chase Freedom.

I think what you heard in a 2004 video cannot be applied to how credit card companies are targeting customers today.  We're in a different credit climate.

Edit:

TU was 723 last month.  I hold a Discover More (3k), US Bank Cash Rewards (4k), Chase Slate (3k), and Citibank platinum MC (1K).

Message 13 of 16
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I usually PIF but I am currently "revolving" and going into gardening mode. I receive offers on pretty much a weekly basis from:

-Discover (multiple times a week)

-Citi (AAdvantage AMEX, Diamond, etc.)

-AMEX (Green and Gold)

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 14 of 16
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

I've been noticing that it seems that a lot of folks that tend to revolve debt (non-PIFers) seem to get CC solicitations all of the time.  I always pay my CCs in full every month and NEVER pay interest or have been charged an OTL/LC fee on my accounts.  But when it comes to getting offers in the mail it seems I receive 0% card offers mostly (Citi Plat Select/Diamond Preferred/Simplicity, FNBO cards, etc) opposed to rewards cards that have higher interest rates on them.  The reason why I'm thinking about this is that I recently watched a PBS TV show (from 2004) that talked about what banks typically like in a CC customer.  The main thing they liked were customers that revolved their debt opposed to PIF every month because they made big $$ that way.  So I'm curious if offers today seem to be more geared to the behavior of the consumer when it comes to paying their debt or if it's how they spend their money.

So my question is... are you a PIFer or a "Revolver" and what kind of offers do you get in the mail?  Also, do the offers you get seem to be for the same type of card?  

Discuss!

P.S.  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm a revolver who's opted out; therefore, no cc solicitations have come my way in almost three years...

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 15 of 16
namvet
Established Contributor

For me it was Barclays NFL extra points card.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.