Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted Offer Amex approval chances?

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Targeted Offer Amex approval chances?

So thursday my wife received a offer for 100k points for 2k spend 3 months on the Amex Plat.  she always throws them out but I would of loved her to apply but she is a stay at home mom so I figured that she would not get appproved because they haven't start household income yet.  I have to admit I was a little jealous of her offer because that is 4x the offer they are offering on their website.

So yesterday I checked my mail and low and behold I received one for Amex for the PRG 50k for 1k spend 3 months.  I never was a big fan of amex charge cards but I feel that this offer is a little to hard to pass up.  I mean 175af vs 450af stay rewards structure.  We don't need or would use the Plat perks.  Also if I were to never spend a dime on the PRG if I just had the bonus offer at least the Af would paid for for 3 yrs not that that would happen I probably will put about 20k thru that card a year.

Question is since I got the letter does that mean I have a good chance of approval? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Targeted Offer Amex approval chances?

@ezdoesit wrote:

So thursday my wife received a offer for 100k points for 2k spend 3 months on the Amex Plat.  she always throws them out but I would of loved her to apply but she is a stay at home mom so I figured that she would not get appproved because they haven't start household income yet.  I have to admit I was a little jealous of her offer because that is 4x the offer they are offering on their website.

So yesterday I checked my mail and low and behold I received one for Amex for the PRG 50k for 1k spend 3 months.  I never was a big fan of amex charge cards but I feel that this offer is a little to hard to pass up.  I mean 175af vs 450af stay rewards structure.  We don't need or would use the Plat perks.  Also if I were to never spend a dime on the PRG if I just had the bonus offer at least the Af would paid for for 3 yrs not that that would happen I probably will put about 20k thru that card a year.

Question is since I got the letter does that mean I have a good chance of approval? 

1. I think Amex does do household or they have colums for her to put your income as other household income for her stay at home... .amex has computer systems that we could discuss for days how they work but it's not new for amex to give cards out to all sorts of income/no income type apps based on other things. Id apply!

2. Do you know your credit scores at all? bk? amex charge cards are pretty easy to get... the gold card I have seen approved down to a 642 fico and green (just happened to be what he applied for but I don't think it's different then gold, but roommate was below a 620. just APPLY!

Message 2 of 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

targeted offers are no guarantee of approval
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 3 of 7
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

1. I think Amex does do household or they have colums for her to put your income as other household income for her stay at home... .amex has computer systems that we could discuss for days how they work but it's not new for amex to give cards out to all sorts of income/no income type apps based on other things. Id apply!

2. Do you know your credit scores at all? bk? amex charge cards are pretty easy to get... the gold card I have seen approved down to a 642 fico and green (just happened to be what he applied for but I don't think it's different then gold, but roommate was below a 620. just APPLY!

Since there is no AF wave for the AF on the platinum I am going to skip.  I just bought my ex fico 737.  No BK but a several 30 day lates from late 06-early 07.   Two new cc one in march and one in april and four inquires this year.

I am going to go for the gold  If declined off to the garden I go.

Message 4 of 7
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Thanks Credit Addict I needed the push.

I applied instant approval.  The only thing it does not mention the 50k bonus just the no af for the first year.  Should I call them or would the offer just be in their system?

Message 5 of 7
JonStur
Established Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

Thanks Credit Addict I needed the push.

I applied instant approval.  The only thing it does not mention the 50k bonus just the no af for the first year.  Should I call them or would the offer just be in their system?

Defininately give them a call for clarification...because sometimes if you read the T&C on offers, it will sometimes say certain bonuses aren't granted if you Arre a current member...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

definately call them and save the paper that has the offer on it.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.