Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted amex, amex referral, and csp recon

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Targeted amex, amex referral, and csp recon

So I know I swore I would go to the garden after I got my Sallie Mae World Master card. I got antsy when I saw a shiny envelope from Amex for a Business Platinum with a 100k sign up bonus for $5k spend.

Bam! Approved.

But I need 180k MR points for a vacation in January.

Ohh look the Mercedes Benz American Express Platinum card with 50k sign on bonus for $3k spend. that's 158k total MR points after minimum spend. close enough.

Bam! Approved.

Chase, chase chase. you rejected my affections in early February. I only recon'd once. Should have listened to the old adage "if at first you don't suceeed..." no wait the old adage says "Keep recon'ing Chase until they get annoyed and finally give you what you want." So two days ago on the CSP app...

Bam! 7-10 day wait message.

So I call Chase recon, approved for $5k Holy cow! I thought for sure it'd be like trying to ask that girl I wanted to take the prom (which took several attempts).

But alas, I was just not satisfied with "just" a prom date. So I called Chase recon again.

After a bit of coaxing, I finally get her panties off and bam! My $5k limit magically turns into $10k.

Now satiated, I will sneak back into the garden and take the gps tracker off my dog and put it back on.

Moral of the story, if you're determined, you will get laid after prom. Smiley Very Happy

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Targeted amex, amex referral, and csp recon

Congrats :-)

Message 2 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

HA HA HA HA. Love your story!  Congratulations on your new cards.  Now run to the garden and get that GPS back on! LOL!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
blunderer
Established Contributor

LMBO Smiley LOL

Congratulations with your fresh self Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! You're my hero!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Buh buh buh buh baaaaad baaaaad to da bone! 😏
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.