Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted offers

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Targeted offers

I know there is a targeted Chase IHG offer going around for 100k.. How the heck do I get that offer?

Can someone who has had that targeted offer, elaborate on their relationship with IHG, etc etc?

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Targeted offers

@Random_idiot wrote:

I know there is a targeted Chase IHG offer going around for 100k.. How the heck do I get that offer?

Can someone who has had that targeted offer, elaborate on their relationship with IHG, etc etc?

That targeted offer ended on 11/11 so it's not likely you're going to get it no matter what relationship you have unless they bring it back at some future point.

Message 2 of 7
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

That targeted offer ended on 11/11 so it's not likely you're going to get it no matter what relationship you have unless they bring it back at some future point.

So, how does it work? Im just curious because I'm new to the targeted offers scene.

I guess I'll wait for a couple of months to see if there are any, because I will apply for a hotel card within 5 months.

Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Random_idiot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

So, how does it work? Im just curious because I'm new to the targeted offers scene.

I guess I'll wait for a couple of months to see if there are any, because I will apply for a hotel card within 5 months.

I have no idea how Chase decides on who gets their targeted offers.  A lot of creditors send them out and it is difficult to determine what criteria they se.  I'm talking about targeted offers that offer a highr bonus than the standard one not 'targeted offers' that people post here about with invitationcodes, etc that are nothing more than marketing mailers.

Message 4 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I don't know anything about the 100k IHG offer, but the 80k+$50 for $1k spend was publicly available in 2015. Some blogs had the link; I don't know if Chase advertised the offer on either IHG.com or Chase.com.

The only targeted minimum spend offer I got from Chase was by email for 50k Hyatt points for $1k spend, instead of the usual 2 nights. I hadn't stayed there for about a year.

Your economics may vary, but my IHG card has given me a lot of ongoing value in the form of the annual night and 10% back on award redemptions. You may find it's better to get the card soon so you have the perks (and can start counting down to your first renewal night). Holding out for the best bonus on a card is sometimes a good strategy, but for me and IHG it was not the case. IHG points are easily earned in large numbers and/or bought cheaply, and there was an IHG card survey a few months ago. Surveys tend to mean nerfs, and this card seems due for one.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 7
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I don't know anything about the 100k IHG offer, but the 80k+$50 for $1k spend was publicly available in 2015. Some blogs had the link; I don't know if Chase advertised the offer on either IHG.com or Chase.com.

The only targeted minimum spend offer I got from Chase was by email for 50k Hyatt points for $1k spend, instead of the usual 2 nights. I hadn't stayed there for about a year.

Your economics may vary, but my IHG card has given me a lot of ongoing value in the form of the annual night and 10% back on award redemptions. You may find it's better to get the card soon so you have the perks (and can start counting down to your first renewal night). Holding out for the best bonus on a card is sometimes a good strategy, but for me and IHG it was not the case. IHG points are easily earned in large numbers and/or bought cheaply, and there was an IHG card survey a few months ago. Surveys tend to mean nerfs, and this card seems due for one.

Oh no, hopefully not. I guess because of the points not being transferrable (to miles) 1:1, It shouldnt really matter about the sign up bonus. The whole point of me getting a hotel card, is because I'm planning a trip to Bora Bora, and instead of forking out 900/night, id rather get 1 night free, and it would justify me getting the hotel card for 15+ years, with its low AF. Add to that, the free yearly to ANY IHG.. its really a no brainer.

I guess, I'll just have to wait and see.. All this is after my approval for Chase freedom of course.. so its going to be after 4-5 months, I guess.

Not sure how the Chase backed cards approvals work.. same as reg chase, where you cant apply for 2 within 2-3 months or whatever?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase won't approve more than 2 within a 30 day period.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.