Targeting the Chase Palladium Card

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Targeting the Chase Palladium Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

People who want the Palladium should get the Ritz Carlton.  It makes the same impression on people as the palladium.  The palladium is not worth it.  Lousy points and high annual fee.  There are cards out there whose rewards beat the palladium. 

That's like saying the PRG beats the Centurion for rewards earned, because it does.

Haha, it's funny because it's true... +1

I'd say the useable perks seem better on the ritz too. You'd figure they'd include marriott/ritz status on the palladium, like amex does with SPG. 

Message 81 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

Appreciate the concept of keeping that coin flowing through the local community. Oh ... that was a banking commercial Smiley Wink

Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

Message 82 of 101
dilettante
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

People who want the Palladium should get the Ritz Carlton.  It makes the same impression on people as the palladium.  The palladium is not worth it.  Lousy points and high annual fee.  There are cards out there whose rewards beat the palladium. 

That's like saying the PRG beats the Centurion for rewards earned, because it does.

I'd say the useable perks seem better on the ritz too. You'd figure they'd include marriott/ritz status on the palladium, like amex does with SPG. 

Palladium comes with Black Status on GHA (Global Hotel Alliance - made up of small independent luxury hotels). Black is the top tier (double upgrades, 9am check-in/6pm checkout, local experiences (golf, dinner, spa treatments).

You also get full yearly membership with United Airlines Club.

Message 83 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dilettante wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Palladium comes with Black Status on GHA (Global Hotel Alliance - made up of small independent luxury hotels). Black is the top tier (double upgrades, 9am check-in/6pm checkout, local experiences (golf, dinner, spa treatments).

Edited: because I was wrong...

Message 84 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dilettante wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice.

But is it worth it?

Message 85 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice.

But is it worth it?

I think this is a "too rich to care" card - AMEX Centurion is in the same category, IMO. If you are already sitting on 30 million in assets, getting an extra point/mile per dollar is inconsequetial. If a person is still pinching pennies (I know people with far more than 30 million in assets and they are the most frugal people around) they would never get this card, no matter the benefits. 

Message 86 of 101
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

thats how rich beceome rich by not overspending on frivalous stuff lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 87 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

"I didn't get rich by writing checks."

Message 88 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

"I didn't get rich by writing checks."

This is true of first generation wealth. The few billionare families I grew up around (Darts, Devos, Gilberts) didn't have to do any penny pinching. Their parents or grandparents took care of that. My friends were what we affectionately called "the lucky sperm"...

Message 89 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm...I am guessing that this card's benefits does not out way the Centurion's, but is cheaper to maintain than the Centurion. 

Message 90 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.