Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Return?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Return?

Do any of you plan on paying your credit cards down with your tax return. I then racked up 1100 Dollars on  my credit cards with xmas shopping an as soon as i get my tax return i'm paying my cards off.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tax Return?

I plan on it.  I'm getting extra money from my student loan and paying off my $5000 Capital One and then tax money is going to Gap, Macy's, Hooters and HSBC

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

me too, i'm  using my tax refund to pay down my credit card balance.
Message 3 of 18
arjames01
Contributor

I plan on taking 1/2 and putting it my savings account and the other 1/2 on my credit card!

11/2013- EX 690, EQ 763, TU 694
01/2015- EX 781, EQ 775, TU 777

Chase Freedom $7500, AMEX BCE $6000
Message 4 of 18
Susyflower
New Contributor

I am definitely using my tax refund to pay off the credit cards I used at Christmas.  That way I can start chipping away at the card I have a BT on.  I want 0 % CC debt in '09.  I just bought a house so I also want to take the money I'm saving in credit card payments to go towards home improvement projects.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax refund + new homebuyer tax credit thingy = car paid off two years earlier than expected. 

Woohoo - I am looking forward to tax-filing time! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not planning on a tax return this year.  Between my part-time job who doesn't take out the right percentage of taxes, and the economic stimulus from earlier this year, I'm just hoping to not owe money. 

However, if I do get lucky and get one.  I will not be using it on my last remaining 4K of CC debt, because I already will be able to pay it off before the 0% ends at the end of February.  

What I would do is either put some of it away for my one annual vacation, and the rest in my house fund.  I'm hoping to buy my first house in April/May.  

Wow, this is the first year I won't be putting any of that on CC debt.  Feels good!

Message 7 of 18
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

I wished.   Every year my tax refund gets earmarked to payoff off my high homeowners insurance that State Farm charges it's Texas residents.  It comes due right about the same time my tax refund arrives.  Smiley Mad
Photobucket
Message 8 of 18
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tax refund + new homebuyer tax credit thingy = car paid off two years earlier than expected. 

Woohoo - I am looking forward to tax-filing time! Smiley Happy

Don't forget the new homebuyer tax credit is just an interest free loan that you have to pay back to Uncle Sam over 15 years.  It's still a nice deal, since you're basically using it as a 15 year 0% Balance Transfer of your car loan to the Uncle Sam! 

Smart way to go, instead of spending it frivolously!

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card will have to wait ..I have 2 huge palm trees near the pool i have to have removed.($2500.) ouchhhhh
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.