Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me about January Amex's

tag
Jesster
Valued Member

Tell me about January Amex's

I see everyone (or maybe just a few) talking about opening an Amex in January and having it report a year longer or something along those lines. Whats the dealio? I just apped and approved for a Greeny Green last week (1/8). Does this mean that I get mad awesome history, or is this a fluke that only specific persons or specific app dates (1/1/11) can obtain? I'd totally love the extra reporting, especially for the AF this thing carries.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Tell me about January Amex's

@Jesster wrote:

I see everyone (or maybe just a few) talking about opening an Amex in January and having it report a year longer or something along those lines. Whats the dealio? I just apped and approved for a Greeny Green last week (1/8). Does this mean that I get mad awesome history, or is this a fluke that only specific persons or specific app dates (1/1/11) can obtain? I'd totally love the extra reporting, especially for the AF this thing carries.

It refers to if you are a member already it helps with backdating of the card. If you just became a member as of recently in Jan. 08, 2011 it will not do anything for you. Sorry

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

so say you were approved for an amex on 1/1/10 and then you applied for a 2nd one on 12/1/10 instead of 1/1/11 you would miss out on what exactly? Wouldn't that 2nd card reach one year old as well on 1/1/11 anyway?

Message 3 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so say you were approved for an amex on 1/1/10 and then you applied for a 2nd one on 12/1/10 instead of 1/1/11 you would miss out on what exactly? Wouldn't that 2nd card reach one year old as well on 1/1/11 anyway?

Okay lets use the dates of 09/2008 as a AMEX member already.

If you were to apply for another card or upgrade card through AMEX as of todays date 01/13/2011. 

Your new card would come with a date of 01/2008 which gives you 3 years of history compared to 2 years of history.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks JM-AM, now I got it.

Message 5 of 6
Jesster
Valued Member

well, you just pooped in my coffee. I was starting to think I'd get some sweet sweet history that I didn't earn. Back to the drawing board... Robot Sad

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.