cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me about the Amex Everyday Card..Score needed etc.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell me about the Amex Everyday Card..Score needed etc.

I went to creditcard.com and used the Cardfinder to find something in my credit realm.I didnt put any info in (like I did when I did the prequalification with Cap1) Any way a screen comes on with the message "Congratulations (my name) you have qualified for this offer and it shows the Amex Everyday Card..Is this a generic message? I cant imagine I would qualify with a Transunion score of 627.Any thoughts appreciated.Thanks!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tell me about the Amex Everyday Card..Score needed etc.

You could try...but there are people who work for amex who have a higher credit score than yours who have been denied.

Message 2 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@SMOKEY2112 wrote:

You could try...but there are people who work for amex who have a higher credit score than yours who have been denied.

Listen. You can put name. SpongeBob square pants. And it will say same thing. Take anything like that with grain of salt   Unless amex sent you a mailer. 

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was instantly approved with a 680 EX, thin file, AAoA very short, $2500 which was then CLIed into $7000 on activation
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will turn down anything below 670. EX 670 is the magic number for Amex approvals. Dont get a HP on your EX for somethaing that is unlikely based upon your stats. 

Message 5 of 34
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

This is just marketing. If your EX score is the same as TU, you should wait until your scores are a bit higher. Don't waste the INQs. Take the recommendation from the other poster and wait for score to hit 670  or so. Yes there are some exceptions and I was an exception also but he is recommending average-case.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 6 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex will turn down anything below 670. EX 670 is the magic number for Amex approvals. Dont get a HP on your EX for somethaing that is unlikely based upon your stats. 

Can't say that is true. As I know I got 2 amex cards with a 661. And got my cli. I even saw approval with a 635. It just depends on overall profile. Income. Assets. Etc. scores alone does not determine approval. But can help. I also saw 720 declined. How many negs. How old. All of it plays a role. 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't say that is true. As I know I got 2 amex cards with a 661. And got my cli. I even saw approval with a 635. It just depends on overall profile. Income. Assets. Etc. scores alone does not determine approval. But can help. I also saw 720 declined. How many negs. How old. All of it plays a role. 

+1

670 seems to be the general baseline but as with anything there are outliers.

Message 8 of 34
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to creditcard.com and used the Cardfinder to find something in my credit realm.I didnt put any info in (like I did when I did the prequalification with Cap1) Any way a screen comes on with the message "Congratulations (my name) you have qualified for this offer and it shows the Amex Everyday Card..Is this a generic message? I cant imagine I would qualify with a Transunion score of 627.Any thoughts appreciated.Thanks!

You say your Transunion score is 627. AMEX doesn't usually pull TU they usually pull EX, So what is your EX score??

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 9 of 34
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

There are lots of members on here that have received an AMEX with scores that are less than 670

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.