cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me why not to request CLI on Chase!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Tell me why not to request CLI on Chase!

All 3 of my accounts are all over 6 months old this month and of course received no auto CLI and I kind of want to ask for a CLI on either Marriott or AARP but the end result is I want the credit on AARP.

I have:

$7500 AARP

$5000 Marriott

$5000 Amazon

I think about 2 or so months ago I moved CL from the original approvals to make it the way above... original before moving CL was:

$9000 Marriott opened first

$4000 Amazon opened 2nd

$4500 AARP opened 3rd

All just over 30 days apart from each other.

I have recently been denied ink because of to many new accounts so I don't think applying for anything new is the right option here currently.

Thought?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tell me why not to request CLI on Chase!

@Creditaddict wrote:

All 3 of my accounts are all over 6 months old this month and of course received no auto CLI and I kind of want to ask for a CLI on either Marriott or AARP but the end result is I want the credit on AARP.

I have:

$7500 AARP

$5000 Marriott

$5000 Amazon

I think about 2 or so months ago I moved CL from the original approvals to make it the way above... original before moving CL was:

$9000 Marriott opened first

$4000 Amazon opened 2nd

$4500 AARP opened 3rd

All just over 30 days apart from each other.

I have recently been denied ink because of to many new accounts so I don't think applying for anything new is the right option here currently.

Thought?

IMO, you'll incur the HP and you'll be very, very frustrated and upset (nothing surprising Smiley Very Happy)  But, since you would favor obtaining something in exchange for HP (even by reconsideration standards) it may not be very significant (provided they approve CLI) to outweigh the HP.  I may be wrong.  Of course, you stand to gain a better CLI with Comenity or SYNCB (or others) than Chase.  If Ink provided what I would consider the "Ray Charles" effect, then I think it's fair to "see" that the outcome might be the same?  Wasn't your Ink application not long ago?  Or, was that your partner's?

Message 2 of 6
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Are you prequal'd for the slate or csp?  If you know HP is coming why grab one of them and then consolidate CLs to AARP?  Just a thought.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have never pre-qualedbfor chase.
My ink app was lay month... To many accounts in last year.:. But I feel majority are over 6 months now.
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:
I have never pre-qualedbfor chase.
My ink app was lay month... To many accounts in last year.:. But I feel majority are over 6 months now.

Well, you can always give it a shot!

Message 5 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

The reason I would never do it again with Chase is because on my Freedom I tried after 6 months and got 500$ with a double pull  on EX and EQ !! So I applied for a new card (Marriott) and guess what ...I got 16K..moved over 1K to Freedom and had my 5K CL. I really hate Chase as my Freedom card is a nightmare. Low CL and high APR but I am fully happy with CSP and Marriott. (Freedom was my first Chase card)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.