Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Re: Tempted by Amex Delta Skymiles Gold

ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

I believe the underwriting is the same...

and I haven't used mine this year as this is my first year with the platinum, I need to start looking for a reason to use it as our Honeymoon this year is international and i'm also using skymiles... maybe NYE in NYC

Off-topic but that raises an interesting question I think:

Are there any cards which have an non-AF / AF version (BCE/BCP, CS/CSP) or even a AF / higher AF version (Delta Gold / Platinum Skymiles) that have any difference in underwriting criteria?  I'm struggling to think of any that we know anecdotally but admittedly there are some lenders vis a vis Citi that I don't know at all.

It doesn't seem like there are.

Platinum vs. Gold aside, I just realized that if I went through with the Gold, the savings in the first year would pay the AF for 6 years (or 7 if you include the first year with no AF).  But at the cost of an additional tradeline to manage with benefits realized just a couple times a year.  Then again, my total CL is under 20% of my income.  Would be nice to have a higher available CL overall.

The Platinum is a better value if you're going to use the Companion ticket also!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+