Did you mean: 

Tempted to apply for United MileagePlus Explorer

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Tempted to apply for United MileagePlus Explorer

@09Lexie wrote:
Isn't that the same 'reason' you used for Arrival or was that CSP? Lol

LOL ya that was the same reason I used for my Arrival. I just planned a trip to Vegas in 2 weeks time, just so I can use up my Arrival sign-up bonus lol.

I need to be in Korea at the end of this year though, for a friend's wedding and also for holiday, so I'm just looking at ways where I can potentially save some money Smiley Tongue

The Arrival card will just take $400 off my air ticket while the UA miles can pretty much cover the entire air ticket for less than $400 worth of points.

I guess I could also transfer my CSP points to UA, but I currently only have about 55k UR points. A one-way ticket requires about 32.5k points + $60-70 fee. That's a really good deal because the ticket costs a little over $1000 right now if I am to pay for it. So I'll either need to rack up more UR points somehow or to just apply for this card and get the 30-50k miles bonus to cover my return ticket.

Eitherway, I got to wait until my CSP, Barclays, Discover and everything else to report their new balances. CSP is reporting at >96% utilization along with several other cards at high utilization as well and that killed my score. I just paid everything off except for Freedom, so maybe I'll apply sometime next month. 

Being able to cover a $1000+ air ticket with the sign-up bonus which requires only $1000 spend is a really good deal. I'm trying not to apply for anything though. Decisions decisions...........

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

I think we created a monster! I remember when you were worried about an AA from Barclays not too long ago. Lol
Message 12 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

lol I remember Smiley Tongue

All I can hope is they won't do anything to me. But if they're going to SP me during these 2-3 weeks then there's a very high chance I am screwed Smiley Frustrated

I've completely paid off most of my cards now so if they still want to AA me there's nothing I can do lol.

I think they're still going to AA me though lol...

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks!

I can only hope so. But I already got my WEMC from Citi, so even if they do AA me I am mentally prepared for it and it won't matter as much anymore.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.