tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Tempted to close discover card...

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:
Wait are you telling me your gonna buy a stove for $12,000 .... Because 5% of 12,000 would give you 600 cash back..

Didnt I just say the stove is on its way out. the burners dont turn on right and the whole inside is ruined from the self cleaning.

I'm confused what do you mean I wasnt referring anything to the old stove but you said your friend has an appliance store and with 5% you will get $600 cash back which 5% of 12000 = 600...

Hahaha I have a stove now 14 years old and almost fully broken... My friend owns a store which has the stove I want. The stove is a Wolf Range 48 the stove is roughly 12.5k but i didnt know i can get a 5% cash back until now... but I also learned it only qualies to $1.5k 

Whoa...

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 41 of 50
Secretary14
Valued Member

My question is, why would you even consider the same brand if they claim to last a lifetime and it's in the condition it's in?  There are better pro-style ranges out there such as KitchenAid (yes, KitchenAid), Viking, Dacor.  They include dual-fuel models that run half the cost of Wolf.  Even the lowly GE pro-style range ranks higher overall than a Wolf.  Sometimes what is perceived as the "best" is not necessarily so. 

Message 42 of 50
Mrm-na
New Contributor

I would guess that the burners not lighting is repairable.  I don't know what they'd be able to do about burn marks though.

Assuming the purchase is covered under the rotating bonus category, then Discover would pay 5% on the first $1500 and 1% on the remainder.  Similar deal for Chase Freedom.

So on $12.5k, you'd get $185 back.  If it's not covered by the category then you just get 1% on all of it, so you'd get $125.  Lots of cards will do 1% on anything, but qualifying for the 5% portion is the tricky part.

If Citi Dividend covered this purchase, it would give you 5% on the first $6000 ($300 back), but that uses up the rewards for an entire year, not a quarter.  So that would be lucrative in this case, but I don't remember their categories.  I think they have a tie-in with Home Depot, but I don't know if that's any use to what you plan to buy.

Message 43 of 50
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Read through a few of OP's older posts and you'll find many things that just don't add up.

By now it should be painfully obvious that OP is a troll. Stop feeding it, people (mods included). I guess that's what happens when you take the "friendly, helpful and respectful" thing way too far and the board gets filled with garbage like this thread--it's just naive. Gornet, anyone?

Message 44 of 50
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

Read through a few of OP's older posts and you'll find many things that just don't add up.

By now it should be painfully obvious that OP is a troll. Stop feeding it, people (mods included). I guess that's what happens when you take the "friendly, helpful and respectful" thing way too far and the board gets filled with garbage like this thread--it's just naive. Gornet, anyone?

That's funny I was thinking that but I did not want to believe that an individual would be so petty as to lie for no apparent reason on myFico. I've heard many say  "you can be who you want to be on the Internet." I like most of the individuals on this forum choose to be myself, and hopefully this individual is not a troll and lives the high limit and high spending life she claims. If not that is just SAD.

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 45 of 50
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 46 of 50
Involver
Valued Contributor

This thread is full of laughs.  I'm with the previous two posters.

Message 47 of 50
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I really hope this thread does not get locked and is kept Fico forum friendly.  I'm very curious to hear other responses.  I'm going to plead the 5th. 

And LOL, yude.  The gazelle eating popcorn makes me laugh every single time, no matter how many times I've seen it.  Smiley Happy

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 48 of 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@thelethargicage wrote:

Rest assured that this and many other threads are being monitored by MODS.  Notwithstanding our 'friendly, supportive and respectful' guidelines any and all TOS violations will be dealt with immediately. 

~ Lexie

Message 49 of 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This thread is locked and under Moderator review.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.