Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminology questions with cards

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Terminology questions with cards

1. Is credit card the same as revolver?
2. Is there a common term for charge cards and credit cards?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Terminology questions with cards

1. pretty much. most people would think of credit cards as revolvers since they're basically revolving lines of credit.

2. just those terms I think. charge cards are basically also known as net 30 for business credit lines.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

1. pretty much. most people would think of credit cards as revolvers since they're basically revolving lines of credit.

2. just those terms I think. charge cards are basically also known as net 30 for business credit lines.

+1

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 4
HiLine
Blogger

That's what I figured, thank you guys. I hate to have to say "credit cards or charge cards" to be technically correct, but I guess there's no other way. Sigh. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.