cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Experience with US Bank regarding US Bank Cash Rewards credit card. Any advice?

tag
slippy84
Contributor

Re: Terrible Experience with US Bank regarding US Bank Cash Rewards credit card. Any advice?

I'm confused about why you think that maxing out your card and dropping your utilization ratio on this card is going to impress US Bank?

It sounds like the fraud department is doing their job to me. Just use the card as your daily spending card if you want to impress them instead of coming up with elaborate schemes to charge thousands of dollars through your $4k limit card in one month.

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 11 of 12
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Terrible Experience with US Bank regarding US Bank Cash Rewards credit card. Any advice?

+1 to the money laundering and fraud. I have also read that you will NOT always earn points on gift cards and cash advances, cash back, the form checks they send you to use as a cash advance, etc. Far better to purchase/use the card for real living expenses. What you have attempted has been tried too many times before. It does raise way too many flags and no, you do not have grounds for a complaint. The Card Issuer has control over APPROVED TRANSACTIONS. What they are trying to tell you is they do not like what you are attempting to accomplish.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.