Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible at this...Household cancel by mistake and Barclays Apple denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrible at this...Household cancel by mistake and Barclays Apple denied

I think the Amex Gold approval went to my head.  I tried to get a CLI and inadvertantly got my POS $320 Credit Line canceled.  They called my bluff.

Then I tried for a Barclays card and got denied.  Apparently I am horrible at this.  I seem to have driven my score down to 650 with inquiries and not knowing when to PIF.

Should I even try for a recon for Barclays or should I give it a rest?  Whats the worst they can do to me, other than another inquirey.

I need to stay away from sites like this, I had got a little hope.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Terrible at this...Household cancel by mistake and Barclays Apple denied

Yes call Barclays and recon

Message 2 of 14
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the Amex Gold approval went to my head.  I tried to get a CLI and inadvertantly got my POS $320 Credit Line canceled.  They called my bluff.

Then I tried for a Barclays card and got denied.  Apparently I am horrible at this.  I seem to have driven my score down to 650 with inquiries and not knowing when to PIF.

Should I even try for a recon for Barclays or should I give it a rest?  Whats the worst they can do to me, other than another inquirey.

Hello Wiserocz!!!

I would recommend calling and asking for a recon explain that you just cancelled your Household card due to the fact that it was a subprime card and you would like a card that will grow with you that you can use everyday. Explain to the rep that you are not looking to carry a balance and you want to use it for transactions in lieu of cash. (If you say this--practice what you preach). The worst they can do is say, "No."

Household will generally not increase your limit regardless of your history or credit score, if you have an Amex the HSBC card served it's purpose.

Also,

What was the reason for the Barclay's denial?

Is your 650 credit score a Fico score?

If so what Credit breau is that score from?

Message 3 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

+1.

Barclays is great at approving with a recon.... I would definately give them a call.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

+1 -

They are very good on recons so I would advise you give them a call. Just make sure you are honest with any questions they ask.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Def. recon with Barclays

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called.  Too many inquiries and too little time call back in a year....

Message 7 of 14
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called.  Too many inquiries and too little time call back in a year....

Well just something to consider I hope helps. Instead of feeling really dejected, take it as a challenge to always PIF on your AMEX card over the next 6 months. If you do that, you should be able to get the Barclays card. With your AMEX you don't need that 320 card anyway really so in a sense you may end up better off in the long run.

You can get the card just give it time, pay that AMEX religiously use it every month pay in full on time and you will see a Barclays card in your future I'm sure. Hang in there I got rejected for plenty of cards I thought I should have gotten too but eventually good things come to those who play the game right. Now is your time to do that.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 8 of 14
teenastie
Established Contributor

To your credit...

There are many many more people in these forums who have Barclays cards who would rather have an Amex than the opposite Smiley Wink

Edited for spelling

Message 9 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

To your credit...

There are many many more people in these forums who have Barclays cards who would rather have an Amex than the oppotise Smiley Wink

How do you know that?   Taken a poll?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.