Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible experiance w/Barclays

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Terrible experiance w/Barclays

@Anonymous wrote:

Good points as always, UncleB. It seems that getting erroneous information corrected on these secondary information services may not be easy (or at all possible to do), unfortunately:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Lexis-Nexis-trouble-understanding/td-p/4489670

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of as well.... and it's why I'm not jumping on it right away... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

FWIW, I've also heard elsewhere that Lexis in particular can be a beast... Smiley Frustrated

Message 21 of 23
dk2003
Regular Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

So I applied for their Arrival+ WEMC and was approved with a limit smaller than I wanted. I called in and asked for a reconsideration of the limit and was asked a bunch of info which I gave them. They then asked me some addition info, one of which was "where does RELATIVE NAME currently live?" Thing is, I have 2 (3 if counting a deceased one) relatives with the exact same first and last name that live in my city. So I think I screwed up that question, and got transfered to some rude guy who said I'm not who I'm claiming to be, etc.

Told me my account is locked (the Arrival+) and I would have to send in my Drivers Licence (both sides), my Social Security card (both sides) and a utility bill with my name. So I hung up and called them back in hopes of talking to someone who is less insane. I got transfered to an analyst who went ahead and checked my original question (the CL recon), told me that currently he can't, blah blah. So I asked him if he can look into my Arrival+ and see if its locked because I was told that it was earlier, he looked into it and said he doesn't see any locks. So I asked him to transfer part of my Arrival+ limit to my SallieMae card. He was able to do it etc, so I asked just to make sure that none of my cards are locked so he went ahead and transffered me to that same guy who locked my Arrival+, but this time he also locked my SallieMae.

At this point I got really mad. He hung up on me and I called them and said I want to close both of my accounts with them because of the horrible customer service that I'm getting. Once again I got transffered to that same guy who told me they won't close my account until I send in documents because first it needs to be unlocked and only then can I close it. So he threw the phrase "industry regulations" at me a bunch of times and hung up.

I really don't want to mail them sensitive information like this, especially after reading some stories that people are forced to mail it multiple times and there are no records of them getting it, etc. They also don't take fax. Mail only.

Any advice? I really don't want to speak to these guys over the phone anymore.

I absolutely hate calling in. I've spoken to some rude people as well. On at least e occasions. Each time I've reached out to their social media team on facebook. I'd copy and past your OP to them, giving no personal info, and your phone number. They generally call within a few hours. They listen carefully and will reach out for you. All 3 times I've had success with them. Also I've reported the rude people and I was assured that the calls would be pulled and action would be taken. I used to work in customer service over the phone, with multiple companies and regardless of the situation there is no reason for being rude.

Message 22 of 23
dk2003
Regular Contributor

Oh... and.. my initial contact with them was for failing a security question. I looked at my credit reports and I realized that the answer to one of the questions was different. While I knew that, it just had not been so for several years. By then I had already sent in the documentation. I told them that I had checked the reports and here was the info that they requested.
That was when I initially applied for the card. I was still denied. So as a final resort I reached out to the social media team. They were extremely kind. I was placed on hold, after she told me that she would call them to explain first. She conferences me in and, I've been with them for 3 years Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.