Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Chase waters again...

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Testing Chase waters again...

Long story short.... Burned chase in 2000 with ch7, and last app/recon in ' 11 resulted in them saying, "go away..." Now it's day two of "further review" on status. Didn't get this far previously....

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Testing Chase waters again...

Well please post back when you hear something.  I burned them in my bk in 2007 and had a slight bit of hope that one day they would let me back in.  So I'm very curious to find out your experience with them Smiley Wink.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 72
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Long story short.... Burned chase in 2000 with ch7, and last app/recon in ' 11 resulted in them saying, "go away..." Now it's day two of "further review" on status. Didn't get this far previously....

Have you called in backdoor yet??

What card did you apply for?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 72
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm going to ride out the manual review, without calling, until I get a letter. I'll try recon, once I know it's a denial. Did the freedom. Nothing fancy. Just a test. Last time I tested, I wound up with GEMB love. Pushing that same lucky streak, I hope.
Message 4 of 72
enharu
Super Contributor

how much did you burn them for? was it in a four, five or six figure region?

a lot of times it's a lot better if you just call and explain the whole thing. if the analyst has to make his own call based upon the info he has, he usually assumes the worst case scenario.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 72
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

My first attempt to enter chase again, after eleven years, was met by a guy who was probably peggy's training officer. Surly, disheartening, and called me on my errors from '00, even before I could finish the opening statement on my end. I took them for about 7k. I was still in their database from that time span, but he wouldn't reveal how long I'd be in their system. Now, thirteen years later, I'm waiting to see if I'm still in their "blacklist" computer.
Message 6 of 72
LS2982
Mega Contributor

My first attempt to enter chase again, after eleven years, was met by a guy who was probably peggy's training officer. Surly, disheartening, and called me on my errors from '00, even before I could finish the opening statement on my end. I took them for about 7k. I was still in their database from that time span, but he wouldn't reveal how long I'd be in their system. Now, thirteen years later, I'm waiting to see if I'm still in their "blacklist" computer.

You really should call in!!

Fingers crossed for ya!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 72
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Smiley SurprisedI'm going to sit on this one, until letter is in hand. Recon window will be open for a few weeks post app. I've survived almost forty eight hours "further review."

Message 8 of 72
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Smiley SurprisedI'm going to sit on this one, until letter is in hand. Recon window will be open for a few weeks post app. I've survived almost forty eight hours "further review."

I'm really curious how this is going to turn out too.

Message 9 of 72
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

+1 to Samsung
Message 10 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.