Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You Conversion

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Thank You Conversion

Logged into Citi this morning and no longer was picture my Diamond Preferred AMEX, rather a silly blue card with no logo. I have no idea what they will be sending me in terms of a Visa, MC, or AMEX. I'm actually really close to closing this dog anyway. Fail limit and they haven't moved it since I got it but first and foremost, I thought I'd never get back in with the real American Express but now I have Green and Blue. I don't think I need Citi's silly card anymore.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank You Conversion

I had the Citi DPR Amex, and they sent me that blue "Thank You" card as well. It is still an AMEX branded card, and has the same card number. The card is much more attractive than I had imagined, with the Citi logo and "Thank You" written in a chrome lettering. The blue is shiny as well. Not quite as impressive as the diamond theme, but not half as bad as I was braced for!!
Message 2 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

Just out of curiosity, are the new Thank You cards shiny as in glitter shiny or just shiny? Like the Chase Freedom, for example. Thanks in advance.

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 3 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I'd just love to get an increase on this card. I've been stuck at my current limit for 2 years now. I'm on the verge of closing it.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a kind of pearl-escent coloring. The finish is similar to the Chase freedom though. Standard gloss. The back is straight bright blue though. Definetly not as nice as the diamond theme, but not terrible. I wish they would offer the Amex branded cards as the preferred thank you, but the CSR told me that isn't possible.

Message 5 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I'm not really crazy about it. The AMEX logo blends into the background so it almost looks like an ATM card at first glance. I'll have to call them for a CLI at some point or else it may be curtains for this card!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you. I asked for a CLI a few months ago and they upped it from 3200 to 4400. One of my lower limits anyway and the highest apr out of any of my cards. I enjoyed using it for the intro 0% but now it has a zero balance and no need to get used!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also- you are so right about the Amex logo blending in. I had someone ask me if it was a gift card.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

To me, Citi has been very very stingy. (I PIF and On-Time)Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To me, Citi has been very very stingy. (I PIF and On-Time)Smiley Sad

With respect to this particular card, they've done nothing for me. I order cigars with it. My Home Depot card on the other hand, they've been pretty kind.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.