Thank You Points -> Gift Cards -> Plastic Jungle

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Thank You Points -> Gift Cards -> Plastic Jungle

@bribro wrote:

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

@TravisD wrote:

Yeah I always figured it was people who don't or no longer have a bank account setup to their PayPal account so they cannot withdraw the money, or they don't want someone to know what they are buying from their bank account.

@bribro wrote:

@TravisD wrote:
I just checked and someone has a $100 walmart GC with bids up to $105. Lol people are crazy.

I always wondered about these types of bids (over the stored value). Perhaps it's people trying to liquidate their PayPal accounts.

Your theory about someone not wantigng to know what is coming from their bank account is probably correct.

That's another good theory. Adding to my point about people looking for ways to liquidiate, PayPal is notorious for freezing accounts so if someone was executing some scheme to load their PayPal account with reload cards bought with credit credits for points/minimum spend, liquidating them to a bank account right after loading would definitely be a red flag. Instead the person could use the PP money to buy Walmart gift cards off eBay then sell them on Plastic Jungle or something. That would be too much work for bonus points alone I think, but for someone desperate to clear a minimum spend on a sign-up bonus...

That's alot of work. But, you do what you gotta do I guess.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.