Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you AmEx

tag
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you AmEx

Way to go, Mustang! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your CLI! I got my hilton honors in 11/09 with a CL of 2k I got my first increase to 6k in 11/10 (waited on mortgage to age) and the got another increase from 6k to 18k last week. Treat the card well and it will do the same for you!

@KIPPIE12, it sure is a great feeling, not to mention I feel victorious to come back from horrible credit 14 months ago has been a great accomplishment for me, I'm so damn stoked to be where I should have been all along. I all but gave up on my credit until something came over me last year around March and I have been hard after it since that day in March 2010, it has been worth every single second I spent working on it.

@Anonymous, Thank you, My only intention in the world for me now is to treat AmEx and the other Prime CC's I now have like the holy grail, I will be closing 3 of the rebuilder CC's I got last year, I will wait till each hits the one year mark and bye bye. Time to focus on the CC's and the CCC's that actually care about their customers as well as these CC's will actually grow with me. (Not ot mention no AF low APR's)

In 6 months I'll call AmEx for another CLI but I believe I'll only gor for 10K limit, I mean thats far more than I'll EVER use at one time, I'm not planning on carrying a balance with AmEx, I'll do everything I can to make sure AmEx is PIF every month, I am actually honored to be in the AmEx Family, I know some do not like AmEx, however, I believe the majority view AmEx as the best or one of the best CCC's.

I have an app for the Clear under review, I was declined 30 days after I apped for the Blue, at that time I had a (bogus) CO on my reports, but was approved for the Blue Cash, I bet my EX report and score was just on the border for approval and the inq is what got the decline on the Clear, that and the CO. (those were two of the three reasons I got for decline, the other was insufficient # of revolving accounts, uh I have 7 CC's 2% util at time of app)

@Two weeks after I apped for the Clear that CO was deleted from my reports (per HSBC's instructions to the CRA's) and my scores sky rocketed and my report is perfectly clean, so I called AmEx and told them about the changes on my report, I was told to fax in copies of my updated CR's and they would review it for approval, I'm optimistic because I have a perfectly clean report and an EX @ 770 or above (my EX and TU reports are identical and my TU FICO is 784) I may be declined again who knows, but I feel I have a great shot at getting it. (that would be another AmEx backdated to 91 my AAoA would skyrocket LOL)

Anyhow, thanks for the replies, they are much appreciated and inspiring, thank you.

Congrats on the generous CLI! You've done an outstanding job of rebuilding and should feel very, very proud! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, I appreciate the kind words.

I still have a long way to go to reach 850 LOL!!!!!!

I have always wondered if any member here has an 850 score?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.