Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Barclay! :D

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Barclay! :D

So I received my new red aadvantage card today, and when i tried to activate the card online, it asked me to update or verify my profile like income and stuff, and i did.

Then I remembered reading about when they ask you to verify info like that, possible cli soon, so i thought 'whoooot! can't wait!"

Then I also remembered another thread about asking to reduce apr and soft pull cli. and this aadvantage card is my highest apr by 24.99%. So I thought I'll ask'em to reduce it.

Called number on back of the card, and asked the customer rep if apr reduction is possible, and she replied she's going to have to transfer me to another dept that handles things like this, and she did.

So I asked the other rep about apr reduction, and she checked if there was any offer available for me, and said "I can see that your current apr is 24.99%, and there's an offer to reduce it to 20.99%". Not gonna lie, i was hoping for lower, but 4% reduction isn't too bad, so i told her i'll take the offer. Then she also tells me I have another offer for 0% apr until march 2016, and asked if I want that offer as well, so I said "oooooh! yes!".

After all that, she asked me if there was anything else that she could help me with, so I asked her "I was wondering if there's chance for credit limit increase without hard pull on my credit report?" She said she could check that one too, and asked for my income, and i told her. Then she said, "I could increase the credit limit of 500. Would you like to me to apply this increase to your account?", the red aviator card had limit of 1000, so that's 50% increase for card I hardly used, so i took the offer.

Once agin, she asked if there's anything else, so I told her about my arrival card, and asked for same questions I asked about red aadvantage card. long story short, no apr reduction offers, but soft pull cli of 2000 (again, 50% increase, original limit of 4000).

I gotta say, I like barclay, total cli of 2500 on two accounts without hard pull (I'd be friggin' pissed off if I get hp message later tonight). Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
YoungJustice
Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you Barclay! :D

Congratulations!!

Barclays Rewards $10,000 | Chase Freedom $17,000 | Citi Double Cash $13,600 | BOA Cash Rewards $10,000
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job! I find Barclay easy to deal with so far. Congrats on the 2 CLI.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success with Barclay's!  Smiley Very Happy  Citi just did that to me!  Thought it was a sp and turned out to be hp!  I think they should have said so. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, thank you and thank you!

I know it's not huge increases, but I guess that's my credit fortune... baby step at a time, so still got long way to go until i break 10k limits Smiley LOL

and I asked the customer rep twice if it's soft pull, not hard pull... and she told me it wasn't going to be a hard pull... so if I get notification for hp, I'll call barclay and have it removed... or not... depends on my mood tomorrow Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the your CLIs!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

meh don't be pissed you just got $2,500 in CLI lol. i read on here the other day some poor fella apped for two cap1 cards, got triple pulled TWICE and denied. THAT'S worthy of being pissed about lol. "not only do we not like you, we really don't like you" is the message cap1 should have sent in the email ha
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
meh don't be pissed you just got $2,500 in CLI lol. i read on here the other day some poor fella apped for two cap1 cards, got triple pulled TWICE and denied. THAT'S worthy of being pissed about lol. "not only do we not like you, we really don't like you" is the message cap1 should have sent in the email ha

hahaha true. I got 4 barclay inqiuries out of 8 on TU, as long as barclay sees it's THEM pulling all those reports and not freak out, i'm good Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly i want barclay to show me love when it's time. i am missing out on my chase freedom to use their card in leu of it. i hope it pays off.... i spend over $250 in gas s month.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.