Reply
Regular Contributor
alboto
Posts: 211
Registered: ‎08-23-2012

Re: Thank you Best Buy

Congrats!!!
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Thank you Best Buy


Dishpro wrote:
Did you use the backdoor number or the CLI button the website?

When I got my increase. I called the number on the card and somehow eventually got to somebody who manually reviewed my credit. I always get declined on the website. Thin file and lots of INQ's.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
migliogiorni
Posts: 657
Registered: ‎06-27-2012

Re: Thank you Best Buy

Congrats on your new limit.

 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Frequent Contributor
Mike360
Posts: 433
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Thank you Best Buy


Dishpro wrote:
Did you use the backdoor number or the CLI button the website?

Website

~~In my wallet: Best Buy $7500, Dell Preferred $5500, Discover IT $4000, Chase Freedom $3500, Barclays NFL Extra Points $3300, Sears $2800, Bill Me Later $2100, CapOne Platinum $2000, Kohls $1500, Target $200
Established Contributor
MountainHiker
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012

Re: Thank you Best Buy


Mike360 wrote:

I opened my Store Card on Black Friday of last year and they gave me $3000 to start which is really great cause they denied me 2 years prior. Fast forward 6 months and they gave me a credit limit increase from $3,000 to $4,500. So just now i thought since the holidays are coming up why not try my luck again for another CLI w/ Best Buy and i got a NO-HASSLE SOFT PULL increase to $6,000.

 

$3,000 > $4,500 > $6,000 all within my first year of account being opened. No other creditors have came close to that.


Is your Best Buy card a Cap1 card?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎12-29-2011

Re: Thank you Best Buy


MountainHiker wrote:

Mike360 wrote:

I opened my Store Card on Black Friday of last year and they gave me $3000 to start which is really great cause they denied me 2 years prior. Fast forward 6 months and they gave me a credit limit increase from $3,000 to $4,500. So just now i thought since the holidays are coming up why not try my luck again for another CLI w/ Best Buy and i got a NO-HASSLE SOFT PULL increase to $6,000.

 

$3,000 > $4,500 > $6,000 all within my first year of account being opened. No other creditors have came close to that.


Is your Best Buy card a Cap1 card?


I think it could be the Chase version. Cap1 is never this generous!! Congrats Mike360!!

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (3.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL | Citi Simplicity (8.0k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Established Contributor
MountainHiker
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012

Re: Thank you Best Buy


maiden_girl wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Mike360 wrote:

I opened my Store Card on Black Friday of last year and they gave me $3000 to start which is really great cause they denied me 2 years prior. Fast forward 6 months and they gave me a credit limit increase from $3,000 to $4,500. So just now i thought since the holidays are coming up why not try my luck again for another CLI w/ Best Buy and i got a NO-HASSLE SOFT PULL increase to $6,000.

 

$3,000 > $4,500 > $6,000 all within my first year of account being opened. No other creditors have came close to that.


Is your Best Buy card a Cap1 card?


I think it could be the Chase version. Cap1 is never this generous!! Congrats Mike360!!

 


Best Buy has a Chase card version? I was under the impression only Cap1 and Barclay financed Best Buy cards,no?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎12-29-2011

Re: Thank you Best Buy


MountainHiker wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Mike360 wrote:

I opened my Store Card on Black Friday of last year and they gave me $3000 to start which is really great cause they denied me 2 years prior. Fast forward 6 months and they gave me a credit limit increase from $3,000 to $4,500. So just now i thought since the holidays are coming up why not try my luck again for another CLI w/ Best Buy and i got a NO-HASSLE SOFT PULL increase to $6,000.

 

$3,000 > $4,500 > $6,000 all within my first year of account being opened. No other creditors have came close to that.


Is your Best Buy card a Cap1 card?


I think it could be the Chase version. Cap1 is never this generous!! Congrats Mike360!!

 


Best Buy has a Chase card version? I was under the impression only Cap1 and Barclay financed Best Buy cards,no?


I don't believe they offer that card anymore..I haven't seen it recently.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Finance/Make-Payment/pcmcat226300050002.c?id=pcmcat226300050002

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (3.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL | Citi Simplicity (8.0k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎12-29-2011

Re: Thank you Best Buy

[ Edited ]

Ah never mind. Ignore my previous post! I just google searched around. I don't think anyone has this card anymore b/c Chase and Best Buy apparently ended their relationship so Chase began closing the Best Buy credit card accounts of consumers. Weird!! So yea, poster mostly likely has the Cap1 card!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global/Chase-Cardholder-Notice/pcmcat253500050000.c?id=pcmcat25350005000...

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (3.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL | Citi Simplicity (8.0k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Frequent Contributor
Mike360
Posts: 433
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Thank you Best Buy


MountainHiker wrote:

Mike360 wrote:

I opened my Store Card on Black Friday of last year and they gave me $3000 to start which is really great cause they denied me 2 years prior. Fast forward 6 months and they gave me a credit limit increase from $3,000 to $4,500. So just now i thought since the holidays are coming up why not try my luck again for another CLI w/ Best Buy and i got a NO-HASSLE SOFT PULL increase to $6,000.

 

$3,000 > $4,500 > $6,000 all within my first year of account being opened. No other creditors have came close to that.


Is your Best Buy card a Cap1 card?


It was HSBC when I opened it which is now Cap1 since the takeover. 

~~In my wallet: Best Buy $7500, Dell Preferred $5500, Discover IT $4000, Chase Freedom $3500, Barclays NFL Extra Points $3300, Sears $2800, Bill Me Later $2100, CapOne Platinum $2000, Kohls $1500, Target $200

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+