Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you Best Buy

Congrats!!!
Message 11 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Dishpro wrote:
Did you use the backdoor number or the CLI button the website?

When I got my increase. I called the number on the card and somehow eventually got to somebody who manually reviewed my credit. I always get declined on the website. Thin file and lots of INQ's.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 25
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new limit.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 13 of 25
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@Dishpro wrote:
Did you use the backdoor number or the CLI button the website?

Website

Message 14 of 25
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

I opened my Store Card on Black Friday of last year and they gave me $3000 to start which is really great cause they denied me 2 years prior. Fast forward 6 months and they gave me a credit limit increase from $3,000 to $4,500. So just now i thought since the holidays are coming up why not try my luck again for another CLI w/ Best Buy and i got a NO-HASSLE SOFT PULL increase to $6,000.

$3,000 > $4,500 > $6,000 all within my first year of account being opened. No other creditors have came close to that.

Is your Best Buy card a Cap1 card?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 15 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

I opened my Store Card on Black Friday of last year and they gave me $3000 to start which is really great cause they denied me 2 years prior. Fast forward 6 months and they gave me a credit limit increase from $3,000 to $4,500. So just now i thought since the holidays are coming up why not try my luck again for another CLI w/ Best Buy and i got a NO-HASSLE SOFT PULL increase to $6,000.

$3,000 > $4,500 > $6,000 all within my first year of account being opened. No other creditors have came close to that.

I think it could be the Chase version. Cap1 is never this generous!! Congrats Mike360!!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 25
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

I think it could be the Chase version. Cap1 is never this generous!! Congrats Mike360!!

Best Buy has a Chase card version? I was under the impression only Cap1 and Barclay financed Best Buy cards,no?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 17 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

Best Buy has a Chase card version? I was under the impression only Cap1 and Barclay financed Best Buy cards,no?

I don't believe they offer that card anymore..I haven't seen it recently.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Finance/Make-Payment/pcmcat226300050002.c?id=pcmcat226300050002

Message 18 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Ah never mind. Ignore my previous post! I just google searched around. I don't think anyone has this card anymore b/c Chase and Best Buy apparently ended their relationship so Chase began closing the Best Buy credit card accounts of consumers. Weird!! So yea, poster mostly likely has the Cap1 card!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global/Chase-Cardholder-Notice/pcmcat253500050000.c?id=pcmcat25350005000...

Message 19 of 25
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

It was HSBC when I opened it which is now Cap1 since the takeover. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.