Re: Thank you Best Buy

Congrats - way to jump that CL up!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 21 of 25
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

how do you know it's a soft pull? did the person on the other line credibly say something like "This will not be a hard inquiry, it will definitely be soft"    ?

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@hateAshbury wrote:

how do you know it's a soft pull? did the person on the other line credibly say something like "This will not be a hard inquiry, it will definitely be soft"    ?

from what ive read even though cap one is backing the new cards if you have the hsbc version it will always be a soft pull. but take that with a grain of salt. (it soft pulled for me when i asked for a cli in july)-but the takeover was  still in transit. 

even on that page linked to best buy it says cap one holds the account but is using the hsbc logo etc... 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 23 of 25
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

I was inspired by your post so I called for a CLI on my best buy acct. They couldn't process my request because it's their policy to allow CLI's every 6 mo.'s. My last CLI was in July. I will call back in January.

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 25
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@Dishpro wrote:
I was inspired by your post so I called for a CLI on my best buy acct. They couldn't process my request because it's their policy to allow CLI's every 6 mo.'s. My last CLI was in July. I will call back in January.

My credit limit increase was automated thru the account maintence tab  form "Request Credit Limit Increase". I got my card in November and in April i went from $3000 to $4500 and now in October i went to $6000. So 6 months seems about right. I have better luck with the online form cause you know right then if your approved and don't have to deal with anyone. 

6 months is really good though. I've been dealing with Citi for 4 years with my Sears card and they only gave me a $200 credit limit increase WITH a hard pull.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.