Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you CC gurus....

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: Thank you CC gurus....

@Shogun wrote:

As some of you may know, I spend the majority of my time posting on other boards, Rebuilding, General, Understanding Scores, etc.   But I do come here often to read threads and help keep the board running.  I've learned much by reading the posts here, and have actually started getting more active in the CC threads.  The reason I wasn't on here much before?   I had no CCs!  Yup.... that's right... I had none, zero, zilch.

As of August 3012 I had $0 in revolving credit.  I had improved my CRs by quite a bit, but had been afraid to apply for anything.  I figured it was then time to change things.  So in Sept. of 12 I decided to try and get some revolving credit.  I almost didn't post this, because I didn't want to come off as being braggadocio, but the credit goes to the great "gurus" of the boards, so I wanted to give you a big thanks.  Here's my journey.

Sept. 2012      Applied for Walmart:                 $650 now at $3500

Applied for AMEX Zync,              denied

Oct. 2012        Applied for Lowes:                     $550 now at $1700

Dec. 2012       Applied for Barclay NFL:            $2500 now at $4700

Feb. 2013        Applied for DiscoverIT:              $5500

July 2013         Applied for Chase Freedom:    $6000

Applied for Citi TYP:                   $10000

Applied for AMEX BCE               $16000

So in less than a year I've gone from $0 to $47,400 in revolving credit.

Big thanks to:

09 Lexie

myjourney

enharu

creditaddict

HiLine

Youngandcreditworthy

daybreakgonesXe

Open123

SnackTrader

LS2982

CS800

And countless others on the CC forums.

You will now find me a resident in the garden hanging with my friends, and I've enjoyed the last two Friday Night Socials.

With deepest thanks,

Shogun

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 11 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats shogun! You deserve the cred ;-)
We're all in this together! So good luck once more and dont forget to post questions if/when you have them; I know I def do !! Lol
:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 17
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and definitely don't feel like a braggart. You've done well. I was going to post up a thread like this myself thanking everyone, but I am going to wait until my one year anniversary of getting serious about credit (September). I have a similar story.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 13 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Looks good Shogun!  Nice job!! Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 14 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@09Lexie wrote:
All the credit is yours.

Very punny! Robot LOL

Congratulations on the huge success, Shogun!!!

Message 15 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

As some of you may know, I spend the majority of my time posting on other boards, Rebuilding, General, Understanding Scores, etc.   But I do come here often to read threads and help keep the board running.  I've learned much by reading the posts here, and have actually started getting more active in the CC threads.  The reason I wasn't on here much before?   I had no CCs!  Yup.... that's right... I had none, zero, zilch.

As of August 3012 I had $0 in revolving credit.  I had improved my CRs by quite a bit, but had been afraid to apply for anything.  I figured it was then time to change things.  So in Sept. of 12 I decided to try and get some revolving credit.  I almost didn't post this, because I didn't want to come off as being braggadocio, but the credit goes to the great "gurus" of the boards, so I wanted to give you a big thanks.  Here's my journey.

Sept. 2012      Applied for Walmart:                 $650 now at $3500

Applied for AMEX Zync,              denied

Oct. 2012        Applied for Lowes:                     $550 now at $1700

Dec. 2012       Applied for Barclay NFL:            $2500 now at $4700

Feb. 2013        Applied for DiscoverIT:              $5500

July 2013         Applied for Chase Freedom:    $6000

Applied for Citi TYP:                   $10000

Applied for AMEX BCE               $16000

So in less than a year I've gone from $0 to $47,400 in revolving credit.

Big thanks to:

09 Lexie

myjourney

enharu

creditaddict

HiLine

Youngandcreditworthy

daybreakgonesXe

Open123

SnackTrader

LS2982

CS800

And countless others on the CC forums.

You will now find me a resident in the garden hanging with my friends, and I've enjoyed the last two Friday Night Socials.

With deepest thanks,

Shogun

CONGRATS!!!!

WTG on your accomplishments!!! 

(And welcome to the Garden!!!! Smiley Happy)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Shogun!! Nice to see you in the CC forums again (last time I saw you actively in here was when I first joined the forums!)

You definitely deserve all you have received credit-wise! I have many years until I get to see an 800+, but your story proves that it's long worth the wait, and that you don't even necessarily need credit cards to achieve it! Getting such high scores are more about aging your accounts and having positive payment history than they are accumulating a bunch of cards and applying for loans simply for a "credit mix".

See ya around! Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.