Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Capital One Executive Office

tag
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Capital One Executive Office

Been credit re-building for a little over a year now.....after filing BK in Sep 2010. I was able to get 3 credit cards (2 Captial one and 1 Orchard Bank). Just before the cards turned a year I emailed capital one executive office. Told them I would like three things, firstly a combination of the credit limits into one card since i had :

1. Capital One card 750 limit 

2. Capital One card 500 limit

3. Orchard Bank card 300 limit

Secondly I was worried about the annual fees, third I asked for some sort of rewards program to be added to one of my cards.

I got a call bank from Orchard Bank and the chap I spoke with was very professional told me since I had been a good customer he would wave the $59 dollar annual fee on the card and that I should give him a couple days to see what could be done about the credit limit. Sure enough a few days later he called and said my credit limit was bumped up to $400.

I also got a call from a lady in the Capital one Executive office and she took a look at both of my accounts and was very polite and pleasant and said she would look at what they could do. A few days later she called back and said a manual review would need to be done and asked if I consented to it. I was happy to go along with it as long as there were no hard pulls on my credit reports (didnt want to risk it since they hardpull all three credit bureaus). Anyway she tells me unfortuantely it would be a hard pull and I told her not to go ahead with it. She said she could still see about adding some sort of rewards to my account and I was OK with that. On the following Saturday afternoon, I get a call from her asking if it was a good time, I said sure and she proceded to apologize about how misinformed she was and that the manual review would be a soft-pull and the underwriters are willing to give me an increase of some sort but it would likely require the closure of two of my accounts (the orchard card and the $500 capital one card). I was ok with it. A few days later my $750 capital one card was raised to $1500. I was very pleased, I also received a call yesterday saying that they would like to proceed with the closure of the other two accounts as discussed in the terms. I was OK with that....I had been keeping an eye out for the Barclaycards (itunesor world Mastercard) and possibly Discoverer...Hopefully I will be able to get those two cards next month. 

I am a very pleased individual right now...after my financial issues and having to result to filing Chapter7, it was a sad time for me. I was worried about implications, how would i get a job? how would I move on with no credit? However, my road back to financial empowerment has been made smoother buy this forum. It has been full of abundant information and advice and I want to thank everyone for helping me slowly but surely get back on track. I have learned a lot of lessons. And for those in similar situations remember Rome was not built in a day it takes time to get to where you want to be. I have nothing for praise for Capital one, they gave me a chance when no one else would and I will be forever grateful to them. Just thought I'd share....there is life after BK

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Thank you Capital One Executive Office

CONGRATS!!

I really really hope my call comes back with good news, I got this feeling their gonna give me the same BS tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
awal
Regular Contributor

Can you PM me the email/phone number fore the Cap1 Executive Office?
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 3 of 10
somotao
Frequent Contributor

PM sent

Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 4 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Can you please PM me the email address? Thanks in Advance

Message 5 of 10
somotao
Frequent Contributor

PM sent...If anyone is lookiing for the contact info I used...Send me a PM

Message 6 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice job!  Congrats.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats btw

Message 8 of 10
daissy73

can u please pm me the Capital One executive office phone number and email address.... thank you!!!!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Can you please email me the phone number and Email too, I am in the same boat as you . Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.