Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Discover....

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Thank you Discover....

My statement closing date is the 27th evey month.

I pulled my credit this morning and they mid cycle reported $423, Really??

This card is looking more and more good for my sock drawer. Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Thank you Discover....

Ouch! I've been lucky, whenever they have done a mid cycle update I've had a fairly low balance. Any reason why they did one on you? CLI Button?

Message 2 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

Ouch! I've been lucky, whenever they have done a mid cycle update I've had a fairly low balance. Any reason why they did one on you? CLI Button?

I called in for a CLI and got declined, tryed online and it said im not eligible at this time. That shouldnt mean report again.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 29
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

SIMILAR PROBLEM HERE! I don't like how Discover reports at all! I had already paid my balance down to zero. After the fact...it reported on my CR during mid cycle! Luckily I had only a 10 dollar balance but it was 0 by the time they reported my previous balance...LOL. And get this! There was NO statement generated for the month b/c I had a ZERO balance..WTH Discover?? Most CCCs generate statements even if there is no balance only if you've had activity for the period...why is Discover different?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Don't they have to legally generate a statement if you had activity? Say I run 2k through card and when statement was about to cut I just login and pay in full (say im in airport and just login on mobile app). When I get statement in mail/email I notice that I had a charge for $100 that wasn't mine.

Don't you need a statement to check these things? (I know with bank statements you typically have 30 days after you receive statement to contest a charge). When would this period start if u never receive a statement?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol this seems like good advice - the fact that Disc mid cycle reports.

We should complain to the CFPB. :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Mid cycle reporting paired with .25% CB until $3000 spend makes this card seem lame. XD

Message 7 of 29
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I love Discover as well, but they do have some shady practices. It does make me reconsider using their card extensively. 

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 8 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well they just got demoted to auto pay electric bills only. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 29
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Well, I'm not as observant about the mid-cycle reporting part  Smiley Embarassed

However, it was about a month after I was declined for a CLI that they called and offered me most of what I requested....    over half anyway.

Just thought I'd share the info.  It was also close to maxed at the time (0% that I use the omph out of...). 

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.