Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Discover....

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thank you Discover....

@jsucool76 wrote:
Mid cycle reporting paired with .25% CB until $3000 spend makes this card seem lame. XD

It's a subprime approval, until the recent changes circa June from other lenders it was a reasonable card I think.  Now I have to agree I don't know if it really makes any sense, that may be a part of the reason Discover is reportedly phasing it out in favor of the IT?  Wouldn't surprise me if the reward structure changes a little too.

AFAIK there's nothing illegal with reporting mid-cycle, a non-trivial number of lenders do this for various reasons.  I don't know about that statement generation bit though, that does seem unique to them and it's not exactly a huge cost savings not to generate an electronic statement at least.  I think most people have gone paperless at this point on their credit cards?

        
Message 11 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I just think that it is funny that lenders always mid cycle update when you have a balance, but if you pay off a large balance and request a mid cycle update to report a $0 balance, the answer is always "no."
Message 12 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

EXACTLY jsu!!! That really pisses me off!! Im going to have q ton of false util. Debt this month. Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Walmart discover just mid cycle reported on mine. Have nice 51% UTIL on it and lost another 8 pts.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

How old is your walmart discover? If it is new, afaik, gecrb mid-cycle updates every walmart card the first month (or after first purchase)
Message 15 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

This is mid-cycle in 2nd statement

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 29
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Discover didn't even report for me yet for August! Smiley Mad  They usually report a day or two after my billing statement closes like clock work, and here it is the 7th of October and they still haven't reported.  SMH!

Slowly building....
Message 17 of 29
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Walmart discover just mid cycle reported on mine. Have nice 51% UTIL on it and lost another 8 pts.

Same EXACT thing happened to me! Walmart mid cycle reported this month and it cost me 4 pts. ohh I was pissed when i read the alert from EQ.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 29
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
This is mid-cycle in 2nd statement

2nd statement for me as well...

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 29
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

That's actually not Discover but GECRB...lol

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.