Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Household Bank - Another motivational success story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Household Bank - Another motivational success story

Well on my credit repair journey I finally found someone to approve me back when I got Credit One Bank Card in October. That helped raise my score so I went ahead and tried household bank. They also approved me so I have had both cards for 2 months now. Before I found credit one I had apped for Cap 1, Chase, BofA, you name it and had tried for a Best Buy card. All to no avail. Well I was reading on here about the best buy reward zone mastercard. I would love to have a Best Buy card since I am a premier silver reward zone member it is safe to say I buy quite a bit from them. I saw something about a pre selector with a soft inquiry and thought what the heck. To my surprise it offered two cards. One was secured and one had an AF. I thought well I will try for the annual fee. Finished and it said Unable to complete application will notify in 10-14 days. Well great another decline but I had already had a bunch of inquiries and dont need credit next year so didnt really get concerned. Well just for kicks I thought I would log in today and check it for the 10-14 day message and hopefully a reason for the decline and to my surprise

Congratulations you have been approved and have a credit limit of $300.

I know another $300 card with an AF not exciting to most but makes me feel good. I am truly done now and will garden my credit one card and two household cards in this next year as well as maintain our auto loan and by New Years 2011 I should be moving on up and have no inquiries. Just thought I would share my excitement thanks for humoring me. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you Household Bank - Another motivational success story

Thanks for sharing your story!  I think that's outstanding!

Congratulations on the new card! 

Message 2 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I know that the Credit One card was (is) a great rebuilder card for me.  When I had nothing but a bunch of baddies & a 19% int auto loan, they gave  me a chance & they also give CLI's often.  I never had another hard inq beyond that first one.  After about 6 mos, call the # on your bill & one of the automated options is CLI.  Punch that # & the rep will get on the line & (most likely) tell you you have another 100!  After a while, I did that even more often than every 6 mos.  I was never declined.

You're off to a good start!  Is the Best Buy card thru Household too? Figured it was since you mentioned having 2 of their cards.

When these 3 age this time next year, you'll get a score boost too!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the BestBuy Mastercard is backed by household. I plan to ask for CLI on credit one at 6 months. I have heard this is optimal and a rep from Household told me to wait until I have paid my 6th bill and call back and request 1 and if I have good history I should get it. So the plan is at 6 months on all three to ask for CLI then at 1 year ask for another CLI and that will put me at about new years 2011 so they should all have 1 year good history, hopefully two CLI's each for decent limits and all inquiries should be dropped off, and the auto loan will be over a year old so with 4 accounts all passing a year with positive history and no inquiries hopefully that will boost my score not to mention my three accounts with lates on them will all be another year old and hurting less so hopefully I can creep at least close to the 700 mark. It all sounds good now I just have to stick with the plan and hope the FICO takes care of itself. I could not be where I am without these boards and thank you all for the help.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.