Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Navy FCU!

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you Navy FCU!

It's worth a shot. Show proof of income and it may happen.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 11 of 21
doc101
Regular Contributor

Do you have to be in the military to join up?

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 12 of 21
madmann26
Valued Contributor

No doc....if a direct family is already a member, it's super easy. If a family member is former military, them joining first is best and easiest for you.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 13 of 21
doc101
Regular Contributor

I currently have 2 family members serving in the Air Force and 2 uncles retired from the Army. This might be my cue to join up

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 14 of 21
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

oh if you can get in then do it! be prepared to show documentation of the relationship just in case-but it is completely 100% worth it! best of luck!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 15 of 21
DCole3g
New Contributor

Congrats... I applied with them a couple months ago and was denied.  My credit scores have since improved and I am considering trying again, especially after your success story.

Message 16 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@rm3 wrote:

Thanks to all for the congrats. Any advice anyone????

Use your card regularly and PIF every month. After 6 months give them a call for a CLI.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 17 of 21
rm3
Regular Contributor

Would you suggest PIF before statement cuts or by the due date on the bill?

Message 18 of 21
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Use the card - sparingly. Make sure you keep the reporting balance at <$50. In 6 months, you'll get a nice big, fat increase.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 19 of 21
rm3
Regular Contributor

I took a chance and sent a message to Navy FCU to request a CL increase on my new n-rewards visa and I just received this message:

Navy Federal Response 10/11/2012 : Thank you for your message. We are pleased to inform you that we have approved your increase to $2,000.00. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

I am screaming on the inside and wish i could do a back flip right now! I love this forum and NavyFCU!!! :-)

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.