Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!--33 point jump in one month

tag
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!--33 point jump in one month

I just pulled my scores courtesy of the 30% off. My new scores are EQ 606 and TU 626... I am so Happy.. i just want to scream....I pulled my EQ last month and it was 573. So 573 to 606 that is a 33 point jump. My oldest collection was removed. My most recent collection occured more than 3 years ago. My collections on eq show i owe $995. That will b paid by the end of the year and removed through the HIPPA process. My other problem is high utilization. I am in the 50% in util... That will b paid down to 25% by the end of Jan. And to $0 when i receive my income tax refund!!!! My car pay off date is 9/3/2011 so i am determined to pay it off before then. I thank Drivetime for a car but they could have kept the interest rate. Once again thank you you guys are like family!!!!

Now i am going to wait for the new card offers to roll in... my highest cl is $1000. I need to look into a cu to join...

Message Edited by goodgirl-badcredit on 12-30-2009 11:42 AM

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!--33 point jump in one month

Also should i wait a little while longer before i apply for another card.... Cap one has been sending me offers for the credit steps but i think if i hold out a little while longer i will get better cards. Maybe in April i will apply for another card....I will apply for the care credit card again. I need some dental work done.

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
Eliae
Established Member

Congratulations!  Seeing a credit score jump is an exciting thing.  Though I'm sure everyone here is proud of you, I'm happy that you've taken so much pride in your own accomplishment.  Great job! Keep trucking along with the same enthusiasm you have right now and you will see 700s and 800s in your future.

- Eliae

EDIT: I apparently skipped over your second post.  I would personally wait to get another card.  That way, when you apply for the next one, the analyst will see that you have properly managed what you already have.  That's just my opinion and I'm not sure exactly what the analysts at credit card companies look for in a report.

Message Edited by Eliae on 12-31-2009 06:55 AM
TU: 739 as of 03/31/10 --- Why does everyone pull TU? It would be nice if I could spread out the inquiry hits a bit more...
EQ: 805 as of 03/31/10
Message 3 of 5
pattycake
Established Contributor

Congrats to you! You will need to change your username soon!!! Smiley Happy
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 4 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the jump!!!!  If you can get that EX score in the mid 600's.....that's where I was when I was approved for the Care Credit.  I'm sure other factors will apply, but I also had a (paid) collection, so they are CA forgiving, and I also had several other baddies. (I believe it was something like 14 flags on the EQ report here on myFICO.  Stay on the road you're on...I got mine down to 1 flag....you can too!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.