Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you points redemption

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Thank you points redemption

What thank you point redemptions have given you the most bang for your buck?  It's my understanding that student loan and mortgage points are valued at 1:1 ratio.  Are there any hidden gems I don't know about?  Also, how easy is it to use the student loan and mortgage payment option?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you points redemption

Just submitted a student loan payment redemption two weeks ago. It was rather painful. The rep spelled some of the info wrong, and didn't explain what was happening very well.  The call took nearly 15 minutes. They won't let you do it online. 

I guess I am now awaiting 2 separate checks in the mail because of the play net amount I redeemed. The checks will be addressed to the loan company. I am expected to write the account information on the checks and forward them along to the loan company. I still haven't received the checks. And if there is anything wrong with them, or if the loan company doesn't accept them it takes 90 days for the points to go back into my ThankYou account. 

Still worth it to me given the 1:1 redemption ratio. Also, I think you can get 1:1 on some $100 gift cards. Do some exploring on the ThankYou site. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 4
Open123
Super Contributor

Student loans and mortgage credit (if 1:1) would be the best options; otherwise, it would be purchasing airare with the 33% Thank you point discount.

Message 3 of 4
bribro
Valued Contributor

Travel at 1.33%, or $100 gift cards. I recently drained my TY account by redeeming $100 Bloomingdale's and Ruth's Chris gift cards, which were 1 cpp.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.