Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks AMEX!! That was fast.

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Thanks AMEX!! That was fast.

So I just logged in to check the offers on the Everyday  (and to make sure they didn't have a change of heartSmiley Wink).  No offers that intrigued me, but I noticed that the Member Since Date has already updated. Smiley Very Happy The rep I chatted with last night said it would be 7 to 10 days.  I was off by 1 year date is 1990 - not 1989, which now that I think about it makes more sense.  It was after my move out West.

Will check my scores as soon as I see the card report. - 24 yrs of credit history should ease the impact of the 2 new TLs and inquiries.  Time will tell.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Thanks AMEX!! That was fast.

I recieved an offer in the mail today for the AMEX everyday card and thought of you getting back in with them. I had a moment of weakness and almost applied. The I realized the only place within 50 miles of me is a dollar store that accepts AMEX and came back to reallity and shredded it. Smiley Very Happy

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

I recieved an offer in the mail today for the AMEX everyday card and thought of you getting back in with them. I had a moment of weakness and almost applied. The I realized the only place within 50 miles of me is a dollar store that accepts AMEX and came back to reallity and shredded it. Smiley Very Happy

Backdating?

Message 4 of 15
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

So I just logged in to check the offers on the Everyday  (and to make sure they didn't have a change of heartSmiley Wink).  No offers that intrigued me, but I noticed that the Member Since Date has already updated. Smiley Very Happy The rep I chatted with last night said it would be 7 to 10 days.  I was off by 1 year date is 1990 - not 1989, which now that I think about it makes more sense.  It was after my move out West.

Will check my scores as soon as I see the card report. - 24 yrs of credit history should ease the impact of the 2 new TLs and inquiries.  Time will tell.

Yeah they are pretty fast with that. When they did mine she also said it would take up to 7 days but with a couple of hours I got an email stating new cards were being issued. I logged into my account and saw the MSD 2000

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

LOL!  Doesn't make sense to app for a card you can't use. Happy your sanity was restored!Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

Yeah they are pretty fast with that. When they did mine she also said it would take up to 7 days but with a couple of hours I got an email stating new cards were being issued. I logged into my account and saw the MSD 2000

According to the rep, the new card will have the original MSD date, so they will not need to re-issue card.   How long did it take for the card to report?  I've seen a few posts that indicate AMEX is sometimes a little slow with reporting.

Message 7 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

LOL!  Doesn't make sense to app for a card you can't use. Happy your sanity was restored!Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Back dateing would have been nice. But I burned them pretty bad in BK around 1990 so I probably would have been denied anyway.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Back dateing would have been nice. But I burned them pretty bad in BK around 1990 so I probably would have been denied anyway.

They're giving me a second chance, and I've seen others post about less than stellar past relationships that were approved.  Wait until a more useful offer comes along.  If they deny due to past experience it's a SP, AFAIK.

Message 9 of 15
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

According to the rep, the new card will have the original MSD date, so they will not need to re-issue card.   How long did it take for the card to report?  I've seen a few posts that indicate AMEX is sometimes a little slow with reporting.

PRG reported within 15 days and Hilton was 1 1/2 month

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.