Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Cap 1

tag
josie
Regular Contributor

Thanks Cap 1

Emailed EO on Sunday last week got a call back on Wednesday asked to increase credit limit, it was increased from 500 to 2000. Also asked for rewards to be added to my card got a 1% rewards added. Yesterday did an app for Union Plus (Cap1). Got a call today from a representative wanted me to verify some information, when finished getting  the information she needed she told me I was approved for 4,500 credit limit. I'm seeing now seeing the progress of what i have been working so hard towards one more collection from MDS to get removed and i'll be good to go. Still got couple lates ( over 2 years old) with GSFC (on EQ and EX) But I'm just gonna let them age off don't want them to end up on transunion.  Thanks to all on this forum you guys have been a great help.

Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks Cap 1

@josie wrote:

Emailed EO on Sunday last week got a call back on Wednesday asked to increase credit limit, it was increased from 500 to 2000. Also asked for rewards to be added to my card got a 1% rewards added. Yesterday did an app for Union Plus (Cap1). Got a call today from a representative wanted me to verify some information, when finished getting  the information she needed she told me I was approved for 4,500 credit limit. I'm seeing now seeing the progress of what i have been working so hard towards one more collection from MDS to get removed and i'll be good to go. Still got couple lates ( over 2 years old) with GSFC (on EQ and EX) But I'm just gonna let them age off don't want them to end up on transunion.  Thanks to all on this forum you guys have been a great help.

But doesn't it make you wonder why on your Capone card they wouldn't give you at least the same limit?  After all it is the same company!  Or even better yet, why they didn't give you $6500 since you obviously actually qualify for that with them.  I am happy for both of these situations, don't get me wrong, very happy.  To me it just seems like a variation on their old tricks.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 2 of 5
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

Call them again after the last baddie is gone.  It will be a different picture for them and maybe you will get the limit you want. 

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 5
josie
Regular Contributor

I was saying the same thing but I'm thankful for the approval with the limit my highest one. 

Message 4 of 5
josie
Regular Contributor

Hope that happens soon been mailing MDS for over a year now once a month and haven't gotten no where. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.