Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks, Capital One Executive Office

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Thanks, Capital One Executive Office

I just called the CapOne Executive Office and they agreed to remove the AF from my Platinum card.  I had been planning on closing the account, but now I can just stick it in the sock drawer to keep the history and take it out for a purchase once a month to keep the account active.  My only remaining card with an AF is my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard, but they waived the fee this year.  I'll probably close it before the AF is due again, because it's a pretty much useless card at this point.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: Thanks, Capital One Executive Office

Nice!!  Yayy!!

Nice platinum spade too!!  Don't see too many of those. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2 of 21
VWTUNER
Contributor

I'm on the same boat. Capone removed my annual fee. Great bank compared to Bad Fargo.
current cards
WM store
Cap1 platinum
WF secured
Amazon Chase Smiley Happy
Gardening since 12/20/2012
Message 3 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I just called the CapOne Executive Office and they agreed to remove the AF from my Platinum card.  I had been planning on closing the account, but now I can just stick it in the sock drawer to keep the history and take it out for a purchase once a month to keep the account active.  My only remaining card with an AF is my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard, but they waived the fee this year.  I'll probably close it before the AF is due again, because it's a pretty much useless card at this point.

CONGRATS!!!

They waived mine i'm not sure if they removed it completely I may call back at my 2nd year anniversary this year and see if  Ican get them to do another CLI and waive AF.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 21
toppers555
Established Contributor

Congrats !!

I actually called them about my last 2 cards with them old HSBC already closed my 5 cp1 cards months ago. They credited the Af and removed them for good from my orchard bank and best buy. They could not do anything about orchard not accepting cli request but sent bestbuy for manual review.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 5 of 21
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 21
TARHEELGIRL82
Established Member

Loving Cap One's executive leadership.  They are on it! Got my AF waived for two cards and working on another one. 

Message 7 of 21
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I sent them a thank you email the other day. After they gave me a CLI, waived my annual fee and  added rewards. I had switched to using my CU card exclusively since I got 1% cash back but Capital One is giving me 1.5% now. They have gone back to being the primary card in my wallet. They are awesome. Never thought I would say that in a million years....lol

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 8 of 21
ramjam25
Established Member

Are you able to PM me the contact information you used? I'm getting the run around from their "customer service" team on how to contact their executive office.

Current lines: Chase Freedom $500 l Walmart Store $600 l Orchard bank $320 l First Premier $300 l First Premier (2) $300 l Capital One Secured $320 l Fingerhut Store $700 l Kay Jewelers $1200 l Navy Federal Visa Signature $6000

Starting Score: 7/12: EFX: 581 EXP: 611
Current Score: EFX: 609
Goal Score: 650 by end of the year

Message 9 of 21
cldavis04
Valued Member

I got results from the Exec Office this week, too!  They doubled my limit from $500 to $1000 and add Cash Rewards!  Woohoo!!

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 691
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.