Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎07-09-2012
0

Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit

Thanks everyone in this forum. I have called GE underwriting and asked for a cli. I asked to be pumped up to $4000 and I got it. I opened this walmart card back in April 2012. So far this is my highest credit limit.

Thanks everyone in this forum, I have learned a lot since I joined.


Starting Score: 598
Current Score: Trans union fico 713 (myfico 11/1/2012), EQ fico 671, exp 666 by AMEX
Goal Score: 720 across

In my wallet: GE/walmart at $10500, 2 capital ones at $750 each, Elan financial at $400, Amex BCP-$1000, AMEX Gold Delta at $2500, Discover more at $6,000 and Chase freedom at $3000

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 535
Registered: ‎02-14-2012
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit

Congrats!!!! :smileytongue:

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP


Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit

When calling GE underwriters always shoot for the stars. At the time my highest card was Amex at 6000. I called the UW and asked for 5k from 1400, approved.  I called a couple of weeks later (after more reading/info) and asked them to "reconsider" my last request for CLI and I wanted 10K.  I was on hold for 3 min and was approved lol OMG for 10K.  Keep in mind my highest limit at the time was 6K. 

 

GE is great. I have a mighty fat limit on my Amazon card too.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Established Contributor
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit

CONGRATS! Awesome CLI!:smileywink:



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
New Contributor
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎07-09-2012
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit

I will give them a call tomorrow and ask them to reconsider. I guess I will have nothing to lose.


Starting Score: 598
Current Score: Trans union fico 713 (myfico 11/1/2012), EQ fico 671, exp 666 by AMEX
Goal Score: 720 across

In my wallet: GE/walmart at $10500, 2 capital ones at $750 each, Elan financial at $400, Amex BCP-$1000, AMEX Gold Delta at $2500, Discover more at $6,000 and Chase freedom at $3000

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,273
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit

congrats. 

as i posted in the other thread 

called the backdoor number listed here and still got the auto machine. 

 

asked to talk to a rep and got one. 

asked for cli to buy a couple new tvs. 

she asked for income and i told her 31k 

and said she would forward my request to credit soulitions or something like that. 

 

sounds like a denial to me. 

she said i would recieve a letter in 7 to 10 days.

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit


kese wrote:

Thanks everyone in this forum. I have called GE underwriting and asked for a cli. I asked to be pumped up to $4000 and I got it. I opened this walmart card back in April 2012. So far this is my highest credit limit.

Thanks everyone in this forum, I have learned a lot since I joined.


CONGRATS!!

 

That is a very nice starting CL for GE!!!

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit

[ Edited ]

creditnocash wrote:

congrats. 

as i posted in the other thread 

called the backdoor number listed here and still got the auto machine. 

 

asked to talk to a rep and got one. 

asked for cli to buy a couple new tvs. 

she asked for income and i told her 31k 

and said she would forward my request to credit soulitions or something like that. 

 

sounds like a denial to me. 

she said i would recieve a letter in 7 to 10 days.


Have you ever tried the "Request Increase Credit Line" luv button on the walmart site? It doesn't work for me since my account is so new...LOL.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit


maiden_girl wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

congrats. 

as i posted in the other thread 

called the backdoor number listed here and still got the auto machine. 

 

asked to talk to a rep and got one. 

asked for cli to buy a couple new tvs. 

she asked for income and i told her 31k 

and said she would forward my request to credit soulitions or something like that. 

 

sounds like a denial to me. 

she said i would recieve a letter in 7 to 10 days.


Have you ever tried the "Request Increase Credit Line" luv button on the walmart site? It doesn't work for me since my account is so new...LOL.


It does not work for anyone, you have to call in to request CLI's on GE cards.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Thanks Everyone, GE/Walmart gave me my largest credit limit


LS2982 wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

congrats. 

as i posted in the other thread 

called the backdoor number listed here and still got the auto machine. 

 

asked to talk to a rep and got one. 

asked for cli to buy a couple new tvs. 

she asked for income and i told her 31k 

and said she would forward my request to credit soulitions or something like that. 

 

sounds like a denial to me. 

she said i would recieve a letter in 7 to 10 days.


Have you ever tried the "Request Increase Credit Line" luv button on the walmart site? It doesn't work for me since my account is so new...LOL.


It does not work for anyone, you have to call in to request CLI's on GE cards.

 


I never knew that! Damn you GE!

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.