cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Penfed, now I can buy...ANYTHING I WANT.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks Penfed, now I can buy...ANYTHING I WANT.

CanDo says I have 90 days. Wonder if I can take over the world in 90 days...
World Domination 2.0 powered by Penfed Smiley Very Happy

Creditdream I wouldn't have gotten the card without paying attention here on this forum. Had to check what I was doing wrong. Learn which letters work better than donning the ski mask and dumping workers in my trunk...upgrade my cards slowly as my score went up. Use credit unions to my advantage like Penfed and Justice.

Trust me, my credit was trashed. I still have one account I can't get rid of which I paid but they have it as a settlement. So my Experian won't go over 700 until it drops but I'm not as far ahead as others who have 750+ across the board. I have a 750 TU but my others hover around 660-690.

Slow climb up the hill...

Jmb. I'll make sure to look into those fees and all that. But for their investment loans it says they remove most of the fees. They only go to 75% which is what I'm looking for. We'll see what happens on Monday, maybe I'll have info to share with others looking for the same thing.

Education line of credit looks nice too....
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats-
I am going to buy a Ski Mask today-

Have you thought about paying the remaining balance on that settled account?
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's just it, it's not settled. It was paid in full.
Was an auto loan. Was in an accident and GEICO paid most of the loan off.
I paid the rest but then the finance company tried to get extra money out of me a few months later. I took care of the issue and it was updated to "Paid".

CitiFinancial came in and took over the company and for some reason changed it to a paid settlement and refuses to even investigate and that's probably because they don't even have the files since it was in 2000.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

When should I expect to see the card?
Does it ever appear in my Account screen?

Think my fraud alert was still active when they pulled my report but no one called me.
Weird.
Maybe I should call them.

And Jmb you were right on the investment loan and having fees.
You have to pay 25% but they only go to 75% of value.
And it seems like most of their mortgage products are 10 year balloons.
Message 24 of 28
score_building
Senior Contributor

EddieX wrote:

Since I know someone will ask.
It was 689.

Is "It" Equifax?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was Equifax.
Most CUs will be Equifax.
Wonder if they got some type of bulk rate deal or something.
Message 26 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

EddieX wrote:

I love PenFed, but their website needs a LOT of work.

When I log on, I see my share (=savings) account with which I started and my auto loan. I have to click "credit cards" up at the top to bring up the CC account. And you'll have to set up your payment plan, and every single time, you'll need to check how you're paying. When you do pay, and you go to the payment screen, the balance doesn't display there, so jot down how much you're going to pay or chant it repeatedly or something.

On the other hand, I logged on last night, and the very first screen said that I'm pre-approved for a CC at $10,300 (huh?) and a car loan up to $30-something K. First I've seen that, so that was very cool.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love PenFed, but their website needs a LOT of work.

When I log on, I see my share (=savings) account with which I started and my auto loan. I have to click "credit cards" up at the top to bring up the CC account. And you'll have to set up your payment plan, and every single time, you'll need to check how you're paying. When you do pay, and you go to the payment screen, the balance doesn't display there, so jot down how much you're going to pay or chant it repeatedly or something.

On the other hand, I logged on last night, and the very first screen said that I'm pre-approved for a CC at $10,300 (huh?) and a car loan up to $30-something K. First I've seen that, so that was very cool.
You can refinance my car for me Smiley Tongue

That button up top says I don't have a card. Was assuming it meant I had to wait for the physical card to show up...whenever that will be.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.