Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks again Amex ❤️

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Amex ❤️

I recently got home from vacation in Las Vegas. Our flight back to Chicago was delayed for 4 hours so our stay in the centurion lounge was much longer than expected. I was doing my best to calculate how much it would have cost for the 3 of us to drink top shelf liquor and eat a beautiful gourmet lunch at a restaurant. My estimation was at least $350 and that's being conservative. Of course every bit of this was free thanks to my platinum card. Anyone who travels needs this card! Long list of benefits and the steep annual fee pays for itself in no time. Can't say enough good things about my 20+ years with Amex😍

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks again Amex ❤️

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently got home from vacation in Las Vegas. Our flight back to Chicago was delayed for 4 hours so our stay in the centurion lounge was much longer than expected. I was doing my best to calculate how much it would have cost for the 3 of us to drink top shelf liquor and eat a beautiful gourmet lunch at a restaurant. My estimation was at least $350 and that's being conservative. Of course every bit of this was free thanks to my platinum card. Anyone who travels needs this card! Long list of benefits and the steep annual fee pays for itself in no time. Can't say enough good things about my 20+ years with Amex😍

I love the Centurion Lounge in Vegas.  It's why I have the Platinum card and have spent many hours in there myself.  I/we just sit at the bar and enjoy the service.

Message 2 of 21
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

That sounds like a testimonial found on AMEX's website Smiley Tongue I think Centurion lounge access is one of the few features that make the Platinum card stand out! I wish they would expand to other hubs, though I know it is a slow and expensive process. Really enjoy the fact that it is "all inclusive," unlike some other lounges that offer the basics and charge for everything else. 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nenuco wrote:

That sounds like a testimonial found on AMEX's website Smiley Tongue I think Centurion lounge access is one of the few features that make the Platinum card stand out! I wish they would expand to other hubs, though I know it is a slow and expensive process. Really enjoy the fact that it is "all inclusive," unlike some other lounges that offer the basics and charge for everything else. 

They just opened their 7th one in Houston and I'm sure they have plans for more but you're right it does take time.  I think they're next locations might be international ones.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum would be my top choice of card for domestic travel within the U.S; however, I don't travel that much.

The card has outstanding benefits.

Even if I could get it, I wouldn't be able to afford it right now. I'd have to pay $450 by the end of the first month, which I wouldn't have the money for at the moment.

Does the Platinum provide "premium roadside assistance" too? It doesn 't mention anything about it on their website.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX Platinum would be my top choice of card for domestic travel within the U.S; however, I don't travel that much.

The card has outstanding benefits.

Even if I could get it, I wouldn't be able to afford it right now. I'd have to pay $450 by the end of the first month, which I wouldn't have the money for at the moment.

Does the Platinum provide "premium roadside assistance" too? It doesn 't mention anything about it on their website.

Yes

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/detail/premium-roadside-assistance/platinum#detail

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

In one section it says, 'you're responsible for third party costs" and then in another it says "at no additional cost up to four times per year for such and such services." I'm confused.

Message 7 of 21
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In one section it says, 'you're responsible for third party costs" and then in another it says "at no additional cost up to four times per year for such and such services." I'm confused.

"Third party" meaning after they tow your car for free (great service - I've used it) then you are responsible for the costs of repairs at the dealer.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Third party" meaning after they tow your car for free (great service - I've used it) then you are responsible for the costs of repairs at the dealer.

The free use of the premium roadside assistance service is equal to $57 a year of AAA in my state, except AAA has 1/2 of the towing range at no-cost, and no option for fuel delivery. One of the reasons I'm really looking at the charge cards, with the other benefits included of course.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love this card! It's terrible at earning pointo, but the perks are amazing. My chase cards to earn trips and my amex to add perks to those trips.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.