Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks everyone

tag
aspen12777
Established Member

Thanks everyone

I have been lurking around these forums for a few months and just want to thank everyone.

I went through a bad divorce and it hit my credit hard.

Cap One gave me a Credit steps card back in March with a CL of 1000, last in August the "stepped" it to 4K. I was in shock. When I applied I did not check but in May when I had to move to a new rental my credit was at 583 with EQ. I never let my UL on the cap one card over 20% most of the time PIF. The 0% is up in a few months. 

I was feeling like I should try Barclays back in June and the turned me down. Smiley Sad

I have been working some PFDs and GWs and got a few things off and over the last month I have been applying for a few things and I have been more than happy with the results.

1) Walmart $500

2) Amazon store card $400

3) Chase Amazon $500

4) Barclays rewards (just approved yesterday) $1500.00 !!!!! I was not going to apply to Barclays again but I check there pre approval link and it told me I was pre-approved. 

I have been using the Amazon Chase card heavily and making payments weekly if not more and always paying in full. I did not know what day the first statement was going to cut, so it when it did it was on the high side (350) but it was PIF the next day. I hope they will see I am good user that needs a higher CL. I will keep trying that for the next 6 months.

NeedlesstosayIamrunningtothegardenandkeepingupthePFDandGWforthelastfewbaddies. Iamalsoonthe7thmonthofmystudent loanrehab, onlytwomorepaymentsleft (IcalledECMCandtheysaidtheloansaregettingpickedupquiclkly). Whenthatgetsworkedoutmostofmybaddieswillfalloff.

Thanks for all the good info that has been posted to this site and all of the wonderful people that are always eager to help, I feel like I am turning the corner.

I am currently at a 610 CS or there abouts accross the boards.

Again thank you everyone.

And yes I am off to the Garden Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Thanks everyone

Congrats on your journey. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!! Good approvals!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 5
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your journey and I am happy that things are working out for you. we are all a family here!

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.