Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help!!!

I have been lurking on these forums for about a year now. I've done ALOT of reading but this is my first post. You guys have been very helpful to me and given me a wealth of knowledge on improving my credit score and it really has helped tremendously. 

A year ago I only had 2 store credit cards with sub $2000.00 credit lines on each, Macy's and Best Buy. After reading a lot on here about rewards points and making money back off what we normally spend I decided I wanted to try to play the rewards game. In October of 2015 I applied for a Discover It card. There was double cash back for the first year and, at the time, there was a 10% bonus for apple pay spending. This seemed like just the right card for me. I got approved immediately for a $5,500.00 starting limit and have used it heavily since, paying in full each month. My first FICO credit score that I got from Discover was a 684 and I wanted to see it improve.

Over the months since then, using the advice I read about on here, I've earned around $700.00 in cash back (which doubles at the end of the first year and still has a couple of months to grow before doubling) and I have been able to increase the credit limit on this card to $14,500.00 with only soft pulls. Also my last credit score, for August, had improved to an 802, which I was very excited about (pretty sure that a baddie from like 7 years ago dropped off in July).

In seeing that improved credit score, I decided I wanted another 5% card for rotating categories and really liked the Chase Freedom offer, espeically with the $150.00 sign up bonus. I spend a lot eating out with my family each month and I like the idea of getting extra cash back on this expenditure, even if it will only be for September. I went ahead and applied yesterday and was approved with a $16,000.00 starting limit. It felt really good.

I just wanted to tell my story so far and say that I appreciate this forum, it's moderators and all of the contributers. Your wealth of knowledge and willingness to share it is effecting the credit scores of others. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Thanks for the help!!!

Welcome to the forum 

Very nicely done 

Keep up the good work 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome OP !!! congrats on all of your success and keep up the good work.

Message 3 of 5
newhis
Valued Contributor

Congrats, you are doing very good.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!!! That's great!!! Congratulations.... you are definitely doing an amazing job. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.