Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the helpful tip!

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the helpful tip!

Thanks to everyone who shared the tip about saving CR report numbers and then checking SPs online for free via the online dispute feature.

I'm getting ready to request my 3x CLI from AmEx and I wanted to see where I stood. They've only SPed me once since I opened my cards.

Also good to see that Citi and Barclays have done AR as well.

Thanks! I love this forum!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Thanks for the helpful tip!

Message 2 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I'm still viewing my reports and DH since Jan!

Ditto...I think I last ran a report in January or February...I don't remember.

I only wish I could view my TU online. There's some online issue that I've had no luck trying to solve with their lousy customer service...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I have to ask: for those with apparently higher moral standards, why is this OK?   Isn't this a misuse of a feature intended for disputing incorrect information.  You are using a backdoor to get something for free that you should pay for (a new credit report from the bureau in question).   Is this so  very different from b*?

Edit: well, maybe B* is a too strong example, but say, telling a lender that you sent in a document on time that you in fact didn't send, to use a recent example.

Message 4 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes, the TU pull is good once. Smiley Sad

I can't even pull a report from annualcreditreport even. It says I made an account but when I try to reset the password for it, it won't let me.

I end up having to call in to have a report sent to me. lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I have to ask: for those with apparently higher moral standards, why is this OK?   Isn't this a misuse of a feature intended for disputing incorrect information.  You are using a backdoor to get something for free that you should pay for (a new credit report from the bureau in question).   Is this so  very different from b*?

Edit: well, maybe B* is a too strong example, but say, telling a lender that you sent in a document on time that you in fact didn't send, to use a recent example.

I don't know much about B*...except that it's a dirty word around here.

Experian openly advertises that report mumbers are good for 90 day. If it happens to work for longer than that, I'm not going to complain. lol

Message 7 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtimelurker

I am not disputing information. I am using the View Your Reports again. If I were to dispute information the report has an investigation number usually 01-03.

I am not disputing something that did not happen - referring to telling a lender I mailed in a form timely and disputing the additional inquiry
Message 8 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@longtimelurker

I am not disputing information. I am using the View Your Reports again. If I were to dispute information the report has an investigation number usually 01-03.

I am not disputing something that did not happen - referring to telling a lender I mailed in a form timely and disputing the additional inquiry

+1 

Message 9 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes, the TU pull is good once. Smiley Sad

Mine seems to have worked more than once. Not sure how.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.