Unasinous

Thanks guys!

Just from lurking the past few weeks you guys gave me the motivation to get a few more cards. I had a NFCU CashRewards with a 12.7k limit. I bumped that up to 25k. Then I applied for a CapitalOne Venture (meh, I know) and was approved for 5k. Just now I was approved for an AMEX Platinum. Now it's time to hit the garden and start saving for a house. I do a decent amount of traveling for work so the Venture rewards coupled with the AMEX benefits seem like they'll work out well for me. I did this all with 765-773 FAKO scores and 13% utilization on the 12.7k limit. As of right now, I can't tell if AMEX did a hard pull or not, but I got two from CapitalOne.

I do have two quick questions if anyone can answer them. Will paying my federal taxes (about $2,600) with my AMEX count toward the initial "spend $2,000 in the first 3 months to get 25,000 points" bonus? I read the fine print and as far as I can tell, there was nothing about taxes in the ineligible purchases. Also, when is the soonest you'd recommend I attempt a CLI on the Venture card?

Thanks again guys!

AmEx Platinum: NPSL AmEx SPG: $25,000 CSP: $26,200 Navy Fed CashRewards: $50,000 CapitalOne Venture: $10,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}