cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks guys!

tag
Unasinous

Thanks guys!

Just from lurking the past few weeks you guys gave me the motivation to get a few more cards. I had a NFCU CashRewards with a 12.7k limit. I bumped that up to 25k. Then I applied for a CapitalOne Venture (meh, I know) and was approved for 5k. Just now I was approved for an AMEX Platinum. Now it's time to hit the garden and start saving for a house. I do a decent amount of traveling for work so the Venture rewards coupled with the AMEX benefits seem like they'll work out well for me. I did this all with 765-773 FAKO scores and 13% utilization on the 12.7k limit. As of right now, I can't tell if AMEX did a hard pull or not, but I got two from CapitalOne.

I do have two quick questions if anyone can answer them. Will paying my federal taxes (about $2,600) with my AMEX count toward the initial "spend $2,000 in the first 3 months to get 25,000 points" bonus? I read the fine print and as far as I can tell, there was nothing about taxes in the ineligible purchases. Also, when is the soonest you'd recommend I attempt a CLI on the Venture card?

Thanks again guys!

AmEx Platinum: NPSL AmEx SPG: $25,000 CSP: $26,200 Navy Fed CashRewards: $50,000 CapitalOne Venture: $10,000
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.